ID:294537

BYOND Build Number:version: 482.1091
Operating System:vista
Video/Graphics Card:unsure, all i know is its direct X version 11
Game Hub/Link:matsugi69.narutowilloffire
Internet Connection Type:cable
Firewalls/Routers:windows firewall and linksys router

Problem Description:

i've been trying to host my game via dream daemon. at first it was saying the port wasn't able to be accessed by players, so i port forwarded my router and now it can be accessed...however, for some reason it keeps closing. i've literally tried everything. nothing seems to be wrong though, i open dream daemon, open my file, put in the port number, and click go. it says "BYOND hub reports port [port # here] can be reached by players." but then it just closes...it wont stay open any longer than like 3 seconds....wtf am i doing wrong?

Steps to Reproduce Problem:

not quite sure what you want me to put here?
What do you mean about closing? Do you mean the port is closing, or that DD is shutting down the world, or that DD itself is closing completely (and exiting, not just going into the system tray)?
In response to Lummox JR
DD isn't closing, and its not even closing to my system tray either. it seems to just be closing the port, and i have no idea why. it says it can be reached by players, but then the port closes within 5 seconds. it's got me completely frustrated.
In response to Matsugi69
If the port is being closed, I can think of only two possibilities. Either an external application is closing the port, or DD itself is doing so at the instruction of a command in the program. Some authors have features built into their games to prevent hosting by an unauthorized party; depending on the game that might be what's happening.
In response to Lummox JR
well i made sure to allow my programs through my firewall, and the game is my own...so it must be something else. is anyway i could have messed up the hub part of the coding and thats why its being shut down? either way i'm gonna take another look at the coding and make sure nothings wrong.

[EDIT] I actually just pulled up my debug.txt and apparently every time i've tried to host the game it's been logging a "Security-Authorization of server version has failed." What excatly does this mean and how do i fix it?