ID:294539

BYOND Build Number:
Operating System:
Video/Graphics Card:
Game Hub/Link:
Internet Connection Type:wireless
Firewalls/Routers:linksys

Problem Description:
when i uppdated my my byond software it does nto allow me to be shown as online and i can nto connect to byond central i dont know why this has come to be so.It works on my laptop that is windows vista but i dotn beleave it works on xp which is the main computer i use to play on byond.i would liek to get back to being able to play other games soon please help me
Steps to Reproduce Problem:
i updated to beta of byond
You left out most of the information we could use to help you (such as which version you were/are using, and operating system), but I believe the problem is your firewall.

Many firewalls are configured to only allow certain programs to use the Internet. Most of the ones that do so also include a hash check by default to see if the program has changed. The most common problem we see with upgrading users is that they leave this hash check on, and their firewall never bothers re-confirm the program with them, so it simply denies access to the new version. For ease of updates, we always recommend turning off this check for every program in the BYOND suite.
In response to Lummox JR
I checked my firewall settings and also reinstalled byond three times. This did not help, and also i was using this version 483.1092. (De101) is also my Key
In response to DE1204
DE1204 wrote:
I checked my firewall settings and also reinstalled byond three times. This did not help, and also i was using this version 483.1092. (De101) is also my Key

You checked a firewall, but many people are using more than one. If you have a firewall other than the Windows firewall, it's also possible the Windows firewall is active. You need to check both.

Another thing you can do is open up a command prompt and type "tracert hub.byond.com". If that is able to trace its way through to a connection to the hub, then the problem is most definitely a firewall. If it isn't, the problem is either your ISP or something upstream from them.