ID:294542

Hi, I'm new to Byond so I'd like to apologise in advance if this is just a case of user idiocy...

Anyway, I can't download the games. I have the Byond client and I created an account just in case the lack of an account was related to the problem. Basically I can't get any games. Specifically I want Mitadake High and when using Firefox I get an error message stating that Firefox does not know how to open the link and something about 'protocol'. When using IE I just get a blank page. I tried a couple of other games from the main page and I have the same problem. Originally I could at least get to the page where it suggests downloading the client, now I can't do that >.>
Hi Annereime

It seems the protocol BYOND uses Byond:\\IP:PORT is not working with firefox the best way to go around this (for now)

Is right click the link on the game copy the link and then paste that into BYOND.

On byond do this

File > Open Location > Paste details

See if that works

Thanks
Dan
If you installed BYOND through its installer, it should have set up a byond:// protocol that your browser would recognize. The fact that the browsers don't recognize it means you either didn't run the installer, or it didn't install correctly.

I recommend doing a reinstall using the .exe file, not the .zip, while running as an administrator.