ID:294554

My BYOND pager was working fine. I went on a 3 day vacation, and when I came back it said that version of byond was too outdated to play a game. So I went online and downloaded the new version. Right after when I went to my pager, my 'Games' and 'Friends' tab was gone, only the 'Home' tab was left. When I try to join a game using the bookmark feature, it immeditaely says it fails, and then at the bottom of my screen it shows 'BYOND Central is not accessible'. If anyone has any ideas, PLEASE HELP!
I updated my byond games software now I can't join games anymore, what happened?
The problem is most likely that your firewall is configured incorrectly. When BYOND starts having connection problems right after an update, a firewall is almost always the culprit.

Your firewall should have a setting that says if it should check a hash of the program for any changes. This may be MD5, SHA, or some other hash. For the programs byond.exe, dreamseeker.exe, and dreamdaemon.exe, you should disable the hash check. All it does is interfere with normal upgrades without really making you any safer.