ID:294603

BYOND Build Number:
Operating System:Windows vista home premium
Video/Graphics Card:
Game Hub/Link:
Internet Connection Type:
Firewalls/Routers:

Problem Description:Alright, first i would like to say i tried the forums. The first time i downloaded BYOND it was working fine. a few days after not going on i decided i wanted to play. so i open byond and this is what it say. "C:\system32\MSVCIRT.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or contains an error.Try reinstalling the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or software vender for support." so thinking it was just an error i uninstalled it and reinstalled it. the same message pop up again. i used the system recovery tool, tried to defragmentate , used command prompt to search broken files and ect. but nothing seemed to work. even tried to run it asa an administrator!! please help, i really want to play space station 13!

Steps to Reproduce Problem:
1.click byond.
2.run program
3.message pops up
4.uninstall
5.download again and extract all
6.run and message pops up again
In the link I provided when we last discussed this in issue 3262, there are a few more options I'm not sure you tried yet.

I could try providing you with my own copy, but I don't know if that's compatible with your Windows installation. My advice would be to try to look up something like "repair msvcirt.dll" on Microsoft's own website, even though their search is horrible, on the chance that they have a solution.
In response to Lummox JR
ill try that and thanks for the help
In response to Lummox JR
OMG I GOT IT TO WORK!!!! thank you so much for the help!!! thank you so much
In response to Landon05
Landon05 wrote:
OMG I GOT IT TO WORK!!!! thank you so much for the help!!! thank you so much

I'm glad I could help. For future reference so I can help others who may encounter this issue, what finally fixed it for you?