ID:30258

SUCKED! This first paragraph is to push all the spoilers off the front page, because I like being alive. I think that's long enough right?

IF YOU DO NOT WANT THE MOVIE SPOILED, STOP READING!!!!

The movie seemed rushed, and at one point, just a party bowl of lame jokes and even worse sense of humor. Thats around the time Peter Parker becomes "Emo Parker". He gets an Emo haircut and everything. It was very sad.

Near the end of the movie, after Sandman and Lil Goblin were both thwarted, Venom makes his appearance. First thing he does, gets Sandman to join forces and wreak havoc. LAME.

Lamer still, Spiderman enlists the aid of Harry Osborn. What in the crap? So Harry of course, takes a stab wound identical to his father's for Spiderman, and ultimately dies. Sandman is forgiven and leaves a good guy, Peter gets back with Mary Jane and Venom.....

Ok, let me take a crack at Venom. Eddie Brock Jr. Topher Grace. Some of you know him as "Eric Forman". In the previews, it looked as if He had completely hidden the "Eric" side of him, but those shots must have been chosen carefully. You see nothing but the Eric Forman speech and reactions throughout the entire movie, making me wonder if I was watching Eddie Brock battling with Spiderman, or Eric Forman wrestling with Hyde.

All in all. I actually hated this movie. It was evidently made purely for more profits, without the hearts of the fans in mind.

=(
Wow, nobody spoiled the movie for themselves :P
I was afraid of that. I haven't seen it yet, but I expected it to suck out loud. Especially with Topher as Eddy Brock. I watched the Spider Man cartoons when I was a kid, and LOVED them. I know way too much about Spider Man, and it seems the movies went in the direction of pleasing emos who know nothing about Spiderman, and not pleasing the fans that already exist.

I don't mind them changing the story to work better on the big screen, but damn, making Spider Man a little bitch, come on now. He's fucking Spider Man, a geek for sure, but not a wimpy/whiny little bitch.
Exactly.
Danial: Read some comics! Spider-man is and always has been the perpetually distraught superhero that life dumps on.

I don't care if people don't love the movie, but... it's not a movie about a cartoon.

Sheesh.
But see, THATS what made Spiderman so cool. Life dumps on him more then life has ever dumped on anyone and he STILL smiles about it. But no.... Not in the movies.
He's always got a wisecrack when he's got the mask on... and that I do miss a bit in the movies, though it's honestly easier to do that stuff in a comic where you can put a whole balloon of speech that would take a good half minute to say coming off a guy doing a backflip... but Peter Parker was emo before there was emo. I say this as somebody who hates emo, by the way.

Spider-man gets dumped on, and he keeps fighting, which the movies get right... but 90% of the time, his life sucks and he knows it.