This article is about how to host BYOND games. If you already know how to do this but you're having problems (for example, people can't connect to games that you host) then skip down to the Troubleshooting section.
To host a BYOND game, follow the steps below. Each step links to an article which explains how to accomplish that task.
- Port forwarding
- If asked to choose between TCP and UDP, choose TCP. (BYOND doesn't use UDP. You can forward UDP as well if you like, but it won't make any difference.)
- "What if this doesn't work?"
- If you have multiple routers in sequence, you need to set up port forwarding on all of them. Note that some "modems" are also routers.
- Prefer high-numbered ports; over 2048 is good, over 10000 is better.
- How to get your settings checked by an expert.
- Port-blocking ISPs
- If you give up: How to find people to host things for you.