Suukou Faita-

by Branks
[Share]
ID:302805

Index

Introduction

For those of you who do not know of Suukou Faita-, feel free to read up on our previous post here. With that said, this update was actually bigger than expected. We had no login process, let alone a decent character creation process. It was rather basic and pretty annoying. In this update, we've added in an Introduction to the game to give it a more professional look. On top of that, the character creation (as well as loading/saving) has been implemented. Sound and music are present as well. Medals were already made in the past, but I don't think I ever announced it. I've taken the time to add in the scoreboard, which holds little information (name, key, level, last played). While it works, there's really no use for it at the moment.

This Update

Introduction: We added in an introduction to the game. Upon login, you'll be greeted with the title music as well as a screen giving BYOND credit. Soon after, it fades into the Development Team screen and eventually the Title Screen itself. Once you continue to the next screen via Enter, you click on whichever option, leading you to your character slots; if you have a save file, you can load/delete it; otherwise it'll take you the character creation process.

Character Creation: Here, you are introduced to several options. You can click on the bar that represents your name, which is required as your name cannot be your key, contain spaces, exceed 12 characters or be less than 3 characters. Under that is the preview of your character. You can rotate him with the arrows. To the right are five hair styles, among them is the option to be bald. More will be added in, and we'll even add in a barber so you can change your hair style/color during gameplay. Below that are skin color, eye color and hair color. Skin color only has three options; pale, tan and dark . Eye color contains black, brown, blue and green. It's somewhat noticable. The default is blue and we don't plan on adding in anymore colors for the eyes. Hair color default is black; the list of colors upon creation are black, brown, red, blonde and grey. We'll be adding in more colors, but they will only be accessible from the barber. Last, but not least, you can select your face type. So far only three have been made, and the video makes it hard to notice a difference. We'll add in a couple of more soon enough, it's just a matter of priority right now.

Music and Sound: The game has received some more sounds. Title screen music, and sound effects during character creation have been added in. More will be added soon, especially music. The sounds can be heard in the video provided in the Intro and Character Creation section.

Currently Working On

Tutorial Quests: We're wanting to get the tutorial out of the way. It'll teach the player the basics of the game, as well as reward them with experience, items and equipment. I highly doubt the tutorial will be skippable, but we do plan on doing our part to make it as fun as possible.

Techniques: Not all of the techniques will be implemented at once, but we're going to try to do at least two active techniques per class for now. There's five classes in the game to choose from, each having their own pros and cons. Once we've named each class rather than dubbing them after their abilities, I'll be sure to bring them up in the next post.

Mapping: We're most likely going to make a temporary map, but if we decide to use the actual map then it'll be of the tutorial zone, if not the beginning town. So far no mapping has been made as it's not a big concern at the moment. We're more focused on the gameplay aspects (I've just been lacking in the creativity department).

Combat: As stated in the previous post (and comments), the combat was extremely basic and temporary. I should probably bold and underline that. I'll try it again, hold on... "the combat was extremely basic and temporary". Anyway, I've been writting down several ideas and concepts to ensure massing one attack command doesn't happen; and even if it did, the opposing player will have an arsenal of possibilities to handle the situation at his disposal. The combat has to be completely re-programmed anyway, so I might as well take our ideas and run with'em. Necessary changes can be made later on.

AI: AI doesn't have to be completely redone, just the combat parts. I'm wanting to have several behavior types. Nobody likes walking into an area just to be attacked by an angry mob, which is one of many reason I was encouraged to make several behavior types. It's too early to give out much information, but I'll be sure to add it into the next post.

NOTE: Once the above is finished, we'll have a public demo of the game hosted. Until then, it'll remain in its private alpha state. Feedback and suggestions are always welcome.

Intro and Character Creation

Rather than providing screenshots, we've decided to provide videos. The video below is contains what we've created within the last couple of days. Do keep in mind that the video quality lowered upon upload. No idea what caused it, either. Regardless, feedback is welcome.

Other Information

It's worth noting that the game's window size isn't adjustable. We've settled on using 1024x768 and don't plan on changing it any time soon.

Hub: Link!

Youtube Account: Link!

Contact Information:
  • Branks - branks17(at)hotmail(dot)com [MSN/Email]
  • Lige - lige91(at)hotmail(dot)com [MSN/Email]

Music makes me feel like I'm in some Asian cafe, sounds boring. Looking good though.
I thought the music was pretty cool. Its interesting for a byond game, along with the sound effects featured.
The music is far from boring. Took me an hour to make in FL Studio, but I'll be sure to add an emo rock version just for you. Did anybody notice our avatar characters in the title screen? I did the sketching, while I had an anime artist color them.
In response to Branks (#3)
Branks wrote:
The music is far from boring. Took me an hour to make in FL Studio, but I'll be sure to add an emo rock version just for you.

Very thoughtful. Thank you.
wheres the like button.
In response to Akriloth (#5)
Akriloth wrote:
wheres the like button.

Facebook.com
I did notice the avatars! The game, screens, sounds and login system is gorgeous! I'm quite excited about the release. I can't wait for the demo! =D

Glad to see Lige's newfound motivation.
In response to Yusuke13 (#7)
Right on! It's posts like yours that make us want to pump out these updates faster. I'm tired of negative crap around BYOND. Time to be positive and bring the game to those who appreciate homemade goodness.

Edit: But yeah... Lige has been locked up in the sweat shop for a while now. I don't plan on letting him go free until he gets carpal tunnel. I threw the key somewhere secret.
Lol, poor lige, any-how you guys are doing an awesome job, love the music! Brilliant login :)

This game fails and so does Lige.
In response to Viper (#10)
Viper wrote:
This game fails and so does Lige.

le gasp! He sees right through me!
I's only kidding. I love SF.
Of course you do.
Lige wrote:
It's worth noting that the game's window size isn't adjustable. We've settled on using 1024x768 and don't plan on changing it any time soon.

I hope you don't disable the maximize button. I'm currently using 1024x768 and having fullscreen windows not maximized is pretty annoying.
In response to SuperAntx (#14)
SuperAntx wrote:
Lige wrote:

I hope you don't disable the maximize button. I'm currently using 1024x768 and having fullscreen windows not maximized is pretty annoying.

At the moment, it is disabled. I'll be sure to enable it upon release of the demo.
I'll be making another post, hopefully sometime this week. I've just been busy as of late.
Same here. My art post will be tomorrow. I've been able to work on a hand full of goodies yesterday. This has to do with layers aka clothes, hair, and weapons. Weeeeeeeeee! Yes Im posting from my phone at work taking a yit. ;-)
In response to Cubanbling (#1)
Cubanbling wrote:
Music makes me feel like I'm in some Asian cafe, sounds boring. Looking good though.

I disagree the music fits perfect for the intro..calm welcoming song doesn't need to sound all violent and flashy especially for CC.I love the presentation,very well put together,art is always beautiful I would select I different pose for Branks avatar lol the hands are a bit to close to liges, cohonaes. Idk Maybe have the arm up or at his waist like the other one lol I don't know if it's to late for that but thats the only thing. I love this game so far..Im getting a Tenchi Muyo Nostalgia feeling from the song<3 :) cant wait till it releases!