ID:30310

{Admin}Dixon: Anyway
{Admin}Dixon: Zones
{Admin}Dixon: Why are you christian?
Zoness: because i am
{Admin}Dixon: Why?
{Admin}Dixon: Just because?
Zoness: yea
{Admin}Dixon: So you don't really believe all of that?
Zoness: yea
{Admin}Dixon: Is that a yes you don't? Or a yes I do?
Zoness: yes
{Admin}Dixon: Which one?
{Admin}Dixon: Do or don't?
Zoness: im babtist
Zoness: or somthing like that
{Admin}Dixon: ...
{Admin}Dixon: Ok
{Admin}Dixon: So tell me
{Admin}Dixon: WHY do you believe all of that?
{Admin}Dixon: Can't tell me, can you Zoness?

Exactly the sort of ignorance I was talking about. He probably doesn't even know what he believes, and therefore; his beliefs should be tested.

Yay for our annual religion bashing day!
Well... if I read correctly, all you answered was "because".

That doesn't tell much.

And just because someone doesn't want to talk about their beliefs is absolutely no grounds that warrants that "testing" you keep talking about.

Last time I checked, everyone was not only entitled to believing into whatever they damn well please, but they were also entitled to respect in this regard.

This testing of yours is a complete lack of respect towards their beliefs. Who cares if they are justified or not (according to your standards), they have the same rights as you to believe that they want.

This testing thing is nothing but an excuse to start a religious vs non-religious debate with people who don't feel like it. And that's flamebait, no less.
If they don't understand what they are believing then they don't deserve to believe in it.
here's why: It makes sense. Why don't you believe in God? You'll probably say there's no proof. Questioning proves nothing, so you have no solid ground. There's no proof there isn't a God either, so again, you have no proof that you're right either.
No no, I can answer that. Why don't I believe in god? Because for as long as I can remember my family has done nothing but shove religion into my fragile little mind, and I grew weary of it. I used to pray, in good faith, and I began to realize that no one was answering me. I was not receiving some "higher answer" to any of my more difficult questions.

It was me, sitting at my bed with my hands folded, talking to myself like a moron. It was then that I thought, what am I doing?

Now, not to say dismiss I God entirely. I am, infact, 100% sure that God does exist. Which one you ask? All of them. But not as you might think. People created God. People created God for a sense of security in an insecure world. As long as people believe in God, God will be around. But that's the end of it. What people BELIEVE god to be, is far from correct. God is the equivalent to your make believe friend "Harry" or that superhero you looked up to when you were five. Gods an imaginary friend for adults.
You proved nothing. I'm still monotheistic as a result of this "questioning", though I understand why you don't agree with my beliefs now. It's similar to the fat kid that gets his toy taken by another kid at the play ground, he gets all steamed up, then decides if he can't have his toy truck, nobody can, and decides to ruin everyone else's toy trucks by being a little arrogant brat. Now, you're not a fat kid, but it's still a way for humans to cope.
Hey, you don't know if I'm fat or not, don't assume things :P

I very well could be.

Jokes aside, There's nothing wrong with having a belief like that when you keep it to yourself. If you want to believe in god and the bible, then by all means do it. But do it because its what YOU want, not because its what you were TOLD to do, which is the basis of this entire argument and its WHY I challenge people. I have had some people put me in my place when I have tried this with them, and have had some very interesting discussions. Because they knew what they were talking about. We disagreed, but by the end of it, I respected them and them me.
Oh, I can respect that, I need to start reading crap, instead of going off on rants on only reading have the discussion.
And I've seen pics of you(at least who I thought was you), and you didnt seem fat to me, unlike this guy:
http://www.wiiwii.tv/wp-content/uploads/2007/01/fat-kid.jpg"
Hot.
Dixon wrote:
If they don't understand what they are believing then they don't deserve to believe in it.

Says which authority? The answers "Me!", "Myself!" or "I" cannot be allowed as an authority, and the reasons are obvious.

EDIT: Anyway, if you really want to test my beliefs, it's quite simple: I believe that nothing proves the existence of some Deity, but nothing disproves it either.

So I'm not an Atheist (since they believe there is evidence disproving the existence of God, which is far fromt he truth); I consider myself an adept of Agnosticism, which basically means that there is no conclusive evidence for either religious or non-religious movements to prove their point beyond the shadow of a doubt.
See, right there. You just did the same thing I did. And that's justified because you have a fancy word for it?

Puh-lease.
We need a religion bashing date. I hereby declare June 1st (or sometime where schools let out) Anti Religion Day (aka FUCK YOU BITCH day)
I concur!
Hey, Miles? Never become a scientist. Your lack of basic knowledge about something called 'the burden of proof' is painful.
Some people are just like that. Cant defence their religion only because they just grew up like that. But the strong Christians, like myself, are more than just "I am just because". Anti Atheist day > Religion Bashing Day.
People who make a day just for being anti-atheist and make a day bashing religion are pathetic.

Every Planck time should be a good time for religious bashing!
Anti Atheist day

Because there isn't enough anti-atheist sentiment in the media as it stands!
Jp wrote:
Hey, Miles? Never become a scientist. Your lack of basic knowledge about something called 'the burden of proof' is painful.

And I guess condescending messages will provide more insight to what you meant rather than an explaination of your comment, am I right?

No really, how about you explain what's that supposed to mean? I didn't claim that any side had the burden of proof more than the other. All I said is that NEITHER party have enough evidence, regardless of whoever's stuck with the burden of proof.
Dixon wrote:
See, right there. You just did the same thing I did. And that's justified because you have a fancy word for it?

Puh-lease.

You like assuming things, do you?

I never claimed that what I said was justified. That's up to the reader to judge of this. All you did there was assuming that I presented this statement as being factual (when it's merely an opinion and my POV on the subject).

If you think this isn't justified whatsoever, that's your call, and I respect that.

That's too bad if you can't do the same for others, though...
Beliefs is a sensitive subject, I wont go into detail about my beliefs, but I will say that every person has the right to Religion, any sort of belief structure.

Page: 1 2