ID:30792

Literally.

http://www.rapestop.net/index.asp

The site is so old though, and as far as I know I haven't seen these in stores yet. I wonder what the hold up is?

I'm all for stopping rape =\
Chinese Finger Trap 2.0
I'm against rape to the full extent, but even I think that's overboard.

A simple sharp blade in there would be better. But the jagged hooks are a bit too much...
Anti-rape devices like these have existed since the Renaissance era, and they have never had much commercial success.

The reason being, what would you consider better:

1) A man who rapes you, or
2) A man who kills you because you cut up his johnson while he was trying to rape you.

Rape isn't (generally) about the sex, it's about the power; if someone takes that power away from the man, he finds another way to exert his power.

There's also the idea that to prevent a phenomenally unlikely event of a rape (0.4 per 1000 according to Wikipedia), you have to wear something almost all the time which is quite possibly almost as uncomfortable as the rape itself.

Finally, men aren't the only ones who can rape women. Women can also rape women, and men can rape men, and (on rarer occasions, usually statutory) women can rape men.
I'll agree the device is over the top, but something smaller, with a really really thing blade which would be completely no noticeable would be enough to get solid DNA evidence. You couldn't prevent the rape, no. But you can at least give something to aid in the capture there of. And if it's unnoticeable, eg, really really thin and small blade. You'd just have to find a way to implant it without it being noticeable.
If I was a rapist then I would most assuredly beat up and kill a girl I was trying to rape if she was wearing one of those things.

If it was a totally widespread thing (i.e. you could assume by default someone was wearing one of those) then I'd probably just rape them through a different hole (to be brutally honest =/).
Jtgibson wrote:
what would you consider better:

1) A man who rapes you, or
2) A man who kills you because you cut up his johnson while he was trying to rape you.

Rape isn't (generally) about the sex, it's about the power; if someone takes that power away from the man, he finds another way to exert his power.

I agree completely, and was thinking the same thoughts as I read the FAQ on the site. It seems their plan is to cause the attacker such sudden, shocking, violent pain and discomfort as to shift their attention to saving their own valuable assets. The FAQ states that the device was designed to be removable only by medical personel.

Elation wrote:
Chinese Finger Trap 2.0

You are demented.
IainPeregrine wrote:
The FAQ states that the device was designed to be removable only by medical personel.

Hmmm, imagine the emergency service call. "Yeah, I was raping a woman and my penis got caught on this inner condom thing she has inside her. Yeah, yeah it's still inside her. I can't remove it. You want to talk to her?"
Yeah, I don't care who you are, or how sick and demented you are, when your penis becomes trapped in a barbed sleeve, there's gonna be at least a few seconds where your attention will be shifted 110% away from your victim...

In that window, though, is the crucial time for the woman to make a getaway (or stick around to cause more damage), as the instant the shock wears off, it will be replaced by intense rage...
Tiberath wrote:
"[...] Yeah, yeah it's still inside her. I can't remove it."

The FAQ states that, once it's attached to the male, it comes out very easily as the man removes himself. At no point is it every firmly "affixed" to the woman.
IainPeregrine wrote:
Tiberath wrote:
"[...] Yeah, yeah it's still inside her. I can't remove it."

The FAQ states that, once it's attached to the male, it come out very easily as the man removes himself.

If that's true, then the pain caused by it wont be as bad as the image looks. Just removing it would be the hard part.
I dunno... Sharp bits of plastic digging into that rather sensitive area of flesh would hurt regardless of the seemingly small amount of force that would be applied...

Plus, I'd imagine that the removal is easy on the woman, yet would cause enough force to "set" the barbs further into the attacker... Like fish hooks...

At any rate, though, I'm pretty positive that it would hurt...
What about the chance of aids and blood based viruses being spread? You are most likely causing the man to bleed inside of the woman. Sure, this spread would be likely before, but it would probably increase the likeliness of the transfer.
Nah, it's a condom-like thing- it's water, sperm and blood proof. If you bleed inside it it doesn't touch the woman.
I still think its a great idea for blind dates if you think the mans a creeper. Seriously.
Then he turns out to be a nice guy and you forget about it. Hows that for a bad turn of events.

I have troubles seeing the positives over the negatives in this one. What happens when rapers just start going to another hole to get the business done? Is there going to be a vaginal and anal model?
Dixon wrote:
I still think its a great idea for blind dates if you think the mans a creeper. Seriously.

And then you realise you like him and do want to have sex.

"Excuse me sir, I must go to the bathroom to remove my RapeX condom."

Atleast the guy would now know its a sure thing. =P
Dixon wrote:

Atleast the guy would now know its a sure thing. =P

She still might say no, and then file suit for sexual harassment. <.< And what if she really thought she wouldn't and forgot to bring the remover or even forgot she was wearing it <.<
Then in a few years after its debut, it becomes common practice to Check for a RapeX before going in :P
Page: 1 2