ID:309836

Keywords: art, pixel
(See the best response by Kisioj.)
Just noticed that It doesnt exist anymore, or maybe i just cant find it? Is there any place in new BYOND for artists to show and critique works unrelated to BYOND projects?
Best response
"Share helpful resources and discuss techniques for creating them." I thought its just for resources. Thx then
Art and sound (especially the latter) have taken a back seat in this community for a long time now. I was kinda hoping the introduction of the Art and Sound forums into the main website would peak the interest of a few lurkers talented in those areas.

Not knowing how active the PixelArt guild forums were back in the day. I'm not sure if there's an increase in traffic or not. Hopefully there will be when people become accustomed to the new site layout.
I believe we should create a post that lists off the current active pixel artists around BYOND. No, I don't mean the average joe that can manage to draw some irrelevant piece of art with sloppy shading and design. I mean the ones who can honestly do commissioned work. Perhaps I'll get around to creating such a thread later so we can check who is available for work or not. I'm a bit tired of getting IM's about pixel work when I'm clearly busy with a project.
From what I saw the Pixel Art Society was sort of active? It got posts at least once a week. The Audiophiles forum was completely dead though, the last post in there was from like early 2010 I think.
Branks, i dont think that making list that put some people above others is good thing. I mean, idea is well, but in practice it could be problematic, because you will have to choose who deserves to be on that list, who dont, and i am sure that not everybody will understand and/or accept your decisions.
In response to Branks
Branks wrote:
I believe we should create a post that lists off the current active pixel artists around BYOND. No, I don't mean the average joe that can manage to draw some irrelevant piece of art with sloppy shading and design. I mean the ones who can honestly do commissioned work. Perhaps I'll get around to creating such a thread later so we can check who is available for work or not. I'm a bit tired of getting IM's about pixel work when I'm clearly busy with a project.

I understand your thought behind this but creating a list of users who do better then "the average joe" could make some people not even want to try to better themselves with thinking their work means nothing to anyone. And as far as commissioned artists go that could go well but would involve people to keep general tabs on if an artist from said list becomes unavailable and then possibly available again.

Seems like a lot of hassle for what could just be directing the users who you say IM you to the Classified forum section.