ID:31391

I'm looking at getting a new TV sometime in the near future, but I'm not exactly in the loop when it comes to things like HDTV.
I've figured out that I want either 1080i or 720p HD, and my XBOX has a component HD AV cable which (from what I understand) is what I need to hook up to a HD system.

Here's roughly what I'm looking at. It's not the greatest, but it should do for now and then become my computer screen when I get together the scratch for a proper large screen wall mounted unit.
In terms of dimensions it fits right. I could go a little bigger but this is the comfy size for the unit I'm going to put it in. In terms of resolution it's pretty high. It has all the inputs it will need for any of the consoles on the market.

What do you think? Is there anything I should be aware of when looking around? Is there anything wrong with that screen that I'm unaware of?
Vizio is an AWESOME brand. They are some of the cheapest HDTVs on the market... but they have tons of extra inputs on them, and the picture is excellent.

I bought the 37" VX37L model a couple months ago, and I'm extremely happy with it.

I second SilWizard's statement due to my new 32" Vizio sitting in my room.
They sound sweet but I've never heard of them so I might have some trouble getting one that uses Australian standards.
Still, they set a good benchmark and unlike most sites I've encountered they actually seem to actually organize the feature list rather than just randomly spitting out what it can do. The layout of the information really helps clear things up for a TV newb like myself. =P
I stand corrected. A quick Google search revealed Vizio Australia. Excellent.
Brans i would recommend are:
Samsung 37"
Panasonic 37"

They are both reliable makes and they sure are great quality. And i were you, cheap HDTVs aren't all that. If you want something to last longer then get a decent priced one.

Companies like Bush, Garumund or w/e etc suck.
Nishiatsu wrote:
If you want something to last longer then get a decent priced one.

If it lasts me a year that's plenty of time. By that point I should have moved houses and brought a much more permanent TV. For now I can't buy a proper TV because I've got no idea how I plan on decorating my next place.
I wouldn't want to get stuck with a silver TV when I need a black. =P
I don't want it to break even after I upgrade but at that point it's just a PC screen and if I need to I can just borrow a spare from work until I buy a replacement.