ID:314095

Hi, whenever I try to play BYOND games, I get interface / text issues. Just take a look at this screen-shot from space station 13
[IMG]http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc126/Yondkami/ untitled-1.jpg[/IMG]

People are talking but I cant see the text. Also I cant even join the game, as the join game button is not there. And if I click in the box, dream seeker crashes. PLEASE HELP
PM FOR dxdiag.txt
------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 2/17/2012, 20:59:03
Machine name: ME
Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.101209-1647)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: To Be Filled By O.E.M.
System Model: To Be Filled By O.E.M.
BIOS: Default System BIOS
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5000+, MMX, 3DNow (2 CPUs), ~2.6GHz
Memory: 2048MB RAM
Page File: 560MB used, 5413MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.5512 32bit Unicode
Hi IDWMno,

Can you try uninstalling and reinstalling internet explorer?

There have been a number of interface issues that seem to crop up with that game, and upgrading to Internet Explorer 9 seems to fix them. (Although I see you are using Windows XP, so upgrading to Internet Explorer 9 isn't possible.)

If you try that and are still having issues, can you try uninstalling and reinstalling BYOND? Then clearing the cache by:

1) Closing out of any active dreamseekers
2) Opening the BYOND pager.
3) Going to File > Preferences...
4) Go to the games tab.
5) Click clear cache.
6) Click OK
7) Click OK.

If none of the above works, does this happen with every game you try to play? Or does it just happen with the SVN version of SS13?
Happens with all games, and I tried clearing cache with byond, then re-installed. Didn't work. And I use BYOND Client to connect to games, not the website so I dont think its related to that.
It still may be related to your IE installation.

BYOND relies on IE for its browser functions, and if something changes about IE on your computer, it may adversely affect what BYOND can do.

I dont even have IE on this computer. Firefox only, maybe that could be a problem
Yeah, I'd be willing to bet that's the issue here :)
Installed IE, re-installed BYOND again, same problem.
Are you still having the exact same issues? Nothing has changed?

Try rebooting your computer and clearing your cache again, if you haven't already.

Try running Internet Explorer and go though any set-up steps it might want you to take, and make sure it has all of its updates.

Is their anything else "unusual" about your windows build? I'm out of ideas on what may be causing this.
Did all of the above, nothing. I think it may be related to the video card and drivers.