ID:320340

Redundant
Applies to:DM Language

This feature has already been implemented, or is already achievable with existing methods.
Create variables to store the separate components of the world's icon size. For example:

world
icon_size = "18x24"

mob
Login()
src << world.icon_width // outputs 18
src << world.icon_height // outputs 24

You could also create similar vars for world.view and client.view.
I'd like to see this as well. This would really help me in some of my developments so I don't have to manually take apart the world.icon_size variable at the "x".
I think they didn't do this initially because it is more likely that people will be using square sizes (also goes for the view-type procs).
I also find it strange that they use bound_width and bound_height but didn't document the "bounds" variable.

It's still pretty easy to convert the text string to the two numbers with code, as you know, but more consistency in the syntax wouldn't hurt.

Of course, these _x/y variables would all be better off declared as vectors...
This doesn't seem like that big of an issue. world.icon_size is only set a single time for the entire game. You could easily create and/or determine those 2 variables yourself.

I see something like this being more necessary with variables like screen_loc, since it supports awkwardly inconsistent formatting.
Ter13 resolved issue (Redundant)