ID:32191

YES!!! It has happened! Mwahahahahahaha!

Take THAT you greedy bastards in the oil companies!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6vSxR6UKFM

I want that machine. That's the coolest thing I ever seen.

Do you realize how lucky this guy is? He just knocked off Cancer AND the Oil Shortage. Like... That's just amazing. I wish this guy was my Dad.
You know this is VERY old. right ?!
So let me get this: He's being revolutionary by burning hydrogen, something we've all been talking about for years?

This is nothing special. Separate water with electrolysis or with radio waves, you're doing the same thing: burning hydrogen.

Boring.
I burned Airjoe's mom's hydrogen last night.
That would be neat if it took less energy to separate the water than the separated water produced. Until that happens, he isn't doing anything worth note.
Danial.Beta wrote:
That would be neat if it took less energy to separate the water than the separated water produced. Until that happens, he isn't doing anything worth note.

Here's an idea: We put dynamos on the wheels of the car to generate electricity, which run leads into the fuel tank (Filled with H2O), which then separate the H2 from the water, and is in turn pumped into the engine...

Hmm... I must patent this idea quickly...
Wow Airjoe, if you're so bloody smart why isn't your name in the news report?

Right. It's fine if you think this is insipid and not worth your time.

But you don't have to be a dick about it =\
Well, we were just explaining that this isn't news worthy. It isn't lead into gold like the news article suggests.

[edit] Or water into oil, for a more current comparison.
Dixon wrote:
Wow Airjoe, if you're so bloody smart why isn't your name in the news report?

Right. It's fine if you think this is insipid and not worth your time.

But you don't have to be a dick about it =\

Who's saying I'm so bloody smart? All I'm pointing out is that he made a "discovery" probably 20 years after the first time someone thought up the idea of burning hydrogen as fuel.

Yeah, someone showed me that weeks ago. I been trying to test it out, turns out I need a real radio wave generator. xD

One thing I did notice on that video recently (though watched it weeks ago) is the color of the flame. It is red, which is very alike the color of the radio wave on the light spectrum. :|
Bandock wrote:
One thing I did notice on that video recently (though watched it weeks ago) is the color of the flame. It is red, which is very alike the color of the radio wave on the light spectrum. :|

oh em gee. I wonder why?
Some people are claiming that that's not a flame, but rather electricity. They claim the water catching it and its easiest outlet is the top. But I don't necessarily trust youtube commenters.
Yeah, I wouldn't trust the commenters. :/
Sorry, but I've never seen electricity that looks like that. Besides, youtubers are the conspiracy experts.

Either way, the release could power something.
Yes it can, heat energy. :P
In general, you lose less IQ points by beating your head against the wall for six months than you do by reading Youtube comments.
Um...how is this not helpful? They just said they could use it for cars, so we will not need oil anymore. This can bring the Earth back to a healthy state, stop global warming, all that crap. No more polluting.

Please, explain to me how this invention is stupid?

One thing I have come to realize is nothing really impresses you people on BYOND. Such as this invention, Microsofts coffee table, etc. You act as if you can do better when you probably could not do any of these with the proper tools and a step-by-step list on how to do it.
Point is, it takes more energy to separate the water than is produced by the by-product. So it isn't anything special. It isn't an invention anyways. It is just using electricity to separate oxygen and hydrogen. This is already being done, just normally more directly(Most likely needing less energy).

The Microsoft Table is a rip off of other people's technology and doesn't provide anything useful.

It's not my job to do better. If I had a good supply of electricity, I could separate water too. Leaving the same result has he achieved.

If I had 3 cameras and a projector, all it would take was a little software to do what Surface does. I can promise you that there will be a Linux distro made to do it in just a few weeks.

Being skeptical is a good thing. Many of BYONDs users are skeptical. We prefer to use our minds rather then following trends.
They said they are trying to perfect the invention so it does not use more energy to seperate the water.
So, in other words, it doesn't. Call me when it does.
Page: 1 2