ID:32509

Poll: Will you follow these simple guidelines in building your next home?

These are such simple changes, of course I will. 50% (6)
Im a stupid idiot that wants to die when zombies take over my country. 50% (6)

Only members of can vote.

The first and most important thing about designing a house, is protection. This is going to be your home into the future, and if your house doesn't have enough protection for you, you will die, with your entire family. Yes, of course, I'm talking about zombie attacks.

1. Home Design
The most important tip I can give to any potential home builder is to make sure that the walls in your house are 6-12" thick, made preferably of cinder block or some other incredibly strong material. A cheap thin wooden wall will be easily broken into by zombies. The best design for a roof is going to be a solar roof, this will allow you plenty of power generation for all those appliances you love to run. Unfortunately when the zombies come you won't have the pleasure of selling the power back to the power company.

Another easy tip for you amateurs, never buy a normal door. Zombies can easily break into a normal door, the only type of zombie proof door I know of is a blast door, this has the added bonus of when the army bombs the streets, the blast door will protect you.

2. Windows
Windows, Windows, Windows, No, No, Yes. No windows in your basement, no windows on the first floor, but windows are alright on the second floor. Zombies have a hard time breaking thick glass, but if they are dedicated at converting you, they will slam themselves at that window like there’s his flesh eating girl of his dreams on the other side.

3. Food
Listen to your children, if they think it smells bad, throw it into the street right away, zombies will be attracted to anything that smells bad. Fresh fruit is not worth the trouble, by the time the outbreak is over, your going to have a lot of fresh dirt. Buy non-perishables, at least a 5 year supply. You wouldn't want to run out of food 5 days before the US army comes and saves you now would you! Remember your house has 3 floors, that means keep a 5 year supply of food on each and every floor. You wouldn't want them to get past that blast door then realize all your food was in the basement!

4. Weapons
Always, Always, Always, keep at least two concealed weapons in every room of your home. Shotguns, automatic rifles, the whole deal. Don't forget to stockpile ammunition in every room as well, you don't know if any zombies are going to get past that blast door, so its best to be prepared for it.

5. Supplies
Buy at least 10 years worth of dry-cell batteries, as well as a couple of radios, cell phones, a satellite phone, and a computer. You can power all of these incredibly useful devices with your solar roof. Don't forget to get one of those incredibly useful water from air devices, to quench your thirst in those dire situations you will find yourself in, a couple of units in your home will make all the difference whether you life or die.

Thank you for reading, these zombie-proofing ideas were brought to you by the Strawgate Home Building Association.
Where do zombies come from:

When medicine was far less advanced then it is now, Medics would presume people dead who really weren't. This was before people were emboldened and all that nonsense, And were just buried. Zombies come from the people who were buried alive and escaped.

Now you know, and Knowing is half the battle!

now you just have to hire a very, very good psychiatrist.

*btw, recent presidents thought about zombies too! that is why every grave is now covered in cement!... wait, Thats not right either.

Graves are actually covered in cement to prevent corpses floating out of their graves during floods.

Don't you love how I know the truth and you don't, Isn't that awesome?
Yeah, I think we all know that zombies aren't real. But the true roots of zombies are actually kinda current. Zombies, as we know them, where invented in the 60s I believe. By some horror movie or another.
ZOMBIES ARE REAL IT WILL COME FROM A VIRUS THEY WILL EAT YOUR SKIN K