These "things" are the games that would be advertised. I'm not talking about achievements, I'm saying that users determine the general quality of games, and hence in advertisement, the games advertised should be the user's games. It is great and excellent to set the bar, but that is not something that should be advertised publicly, rather serve as an inspiration source to other developers.

What I "originally expected" is, that the average to uncommon(yet not rare) game in the repertoire would be a game of such quality, seeing as we are not advertising a new multi-billion dollar game, but a game making/playing community.
So you're saying that you wouldn't mind if the staff created games to set the bar as long as they didn't advertise it because that goes against a principle that you have about only showing off the community's games?

Now we are arguing about principles, because I think we've hammered out that there isn't actually any factual reason not to do this. No one will feel cheated and there is a chance it will bring in players and inspire developers.

However, I can't argue with this principle you have because it is your principle. It is rather up the the community to decide if they also share your principle.
DivineO'peanut wrote:
I'm saying that users determine the general quality of games, and hence in advertisement, the games advertised should be the user's games.

What are the creators but users who created for the benefit of other users?

In other words, could the creators not be users in their own system?
Bwgmon wrote:
DivineO'peanut wrote:
I'm saying that users determine the general quality of games, and hence in advertisement, the games advertised should be the user's games.

What are the creators but users who created for the benefit of other users?

In other words, could the creators not be users in their own system?

They are users by all means. But they are not users when they organize together for the sole purpose of creating a game for advertising BYOND.
Okay, Worldweaver, I'm sick of this. I have a gazzilion more things to say and you probably have no less, but seriously: this argument is waaay to boring to go that far. We're nitpicking nitpicked nitpickings. If you have anything more to say, please do, but I won't bother continuing to argue with you. Let's call it a truce, okay?
Sure, =P
Page: 1 2