ID:35110

If your AI can't drive, and your AI can't shoot, don't make levels that force you to let the AI do one while you do the other.

I've died like eight times because every time it loads this moron drives the Warthog into a wall and waits to get bombarded. I kick the obviously retarded driver out, and then I find out it takes him like six passes to take out a chopper.

Grrr.

[PS: Excuse the layout. I haven't done the actual graphics yet so it still looks horrible.]
RAM RAM RAM RAM.
Oh, no autosave. Probably should have thought about that before I turned the console off at chapter six.
I think the idea is to do co-op with friends, but really, you should never require it.
FAPFAPFAPFAPFAP
Heh. I'm playing though on legendary alone. I've not had this problem, because I'm using my allies to hold all the good weapons while I mash things to death with archer pods and the gravity hammer.

I beat the game on Heroic after not playing Halo for about two and a half years. Then, I decided to take it to a whole new level and go solo on legendary. I've beaten the first five missions, and am working on "It followed me home". I've got video footage of me killing a scarab without attacking the legs one time, I've got video footage of me killing a scarab with about fifteen well placed archer pod shots.

Tip: Choppers are placed in the scarab levels for a reason. Use the choppers to vault yourself onto the back of the scarab, then take out the plasma cell without having to take out the legs.

Also note: If you are having trouble in the early covenant levels, it's probably because you aren't using the weapons provided. search around, you'll find something of use. For instance, there is almost always a sniper rifle near Wraiths. Why? Because you can take out their turret brutes by using a sniper rifle, then easily take the wraith itself.

Also, vehicles make you a larger target. Avoid them at all costs unless you really need to move and quick.

For flood, I advise the use of pistol whip and flamethrowers. Also, not everything is meant to be killed. If you are facing wave after wave of enemy, you can just try killing your way through them, and outrunning the stragglers. Use cover to your advantage in order to regain your shields, but DO NOT STOP RUNNING.

I've got to figure out how to get my movies off my XBox, and I'll show you what I mean.
You can blow the back of a Scarab off and shoot the thing in the back of a scarab and blow it up, I figured that out when taking on the two scarabs towards the end of the game.

On another note, I've never been FORCED to have any AI drive me around; The time I did have them do it was horrid, autosaved right before running into a Wraith, which would just be instant-death.

Ter, I know you can put pictures on your service record; and it also shows an option for file share. You'd have to record what moments you want to show in Theater and then put them there and have people download them off of that.
Yeah. I figured out that it was easier to just get out of the vehicle and take the targets out solo, but that's a real problem for me because it makes those sections just like the rest.

I'm playing through on Legendary now but I'm getting pretty sick of the game so I don't think I'll make it to the end. Taking the Scarabs out and using vehicles (when they either didn't require AI or the AI managed to do a good job) was fun, but when the Flood comes along it sort of slips into just kill, kill, kill. Even once I figured out running past was the best option it was still pretty boring.
I dunno, I really have to completely disagree. The end of the game isn't nearly as good as the beginning, but the last level is simply AMAZING.

I will say this, playing 4 player campaign games with good friends is the way to go.

Tomorrow me and my buddies are going to play through Halo 1-3 all in a row on legendary. It's gonna be a blast.

If you have XBox live, give me a ring sometime, my tag is TerXIII
Anyone here watch the secret ending after the credits?

Or only me?
Yeah, but 4-player co-op with good friends is fun no matter what you're playing. =P
No one I've showed it to has been that interested. The general response to playing the first level or two is that they were expecting more than just a good FPS. Nothing in particular, just something we hadn't seen before.
I think that's something that's going to bite this generation in the butt. You've got more power, but there's not much too do with it. Larger levels, more actors on screen and better graphics. While games like Dead Rising are now possible, FPS games will still play (for the most part) like last generations FPS games.

I'm going to get the skulls tonight, then buy a few copies and give them to my friends. Hopefully playing co-op with a few of the skull modes on will get them (and me) to the point where we are enjoying the game.

The very end of the last level was great (the bit with all the driving). The boss fight was a bit dull. It seemed like a mini-boss.
I realize it was important to the plot, but after fighting those two Scarabs with the Hornet earlier on in the game I was expecting something more colossal. Judging from the plot summary I read on one of the Halo books they could have done a lot more with that character without breaking character.
That was probably my only gripe with the campaign, other than being rather short (not necessarily bad, it flowed incredibly well, I just wanted more), was explaining stuff in more detail. I suppose the novel for the game will explain everything, but I'm pretty sure the reason Spark broke character, was that he was pushed into becoming rampant over the fact that his ring was going to get destroyed again. AI rampancy in Halo/Marathon series is pretty much just the AI, after acquiring vast amounts of knowledge, losing its mind, which eventually leads to it destroying its self.

They built up the possibility of Cortana being rampant through those little flashes on the screen of her talking gibberish, but it ended up not being the case.
Dead_Demon wrote:
Anyone here watch the secret ending after the credits?

Or only me?
I played though, got my hissy fest through, then my buddy told me to watch the campaign end scene, after the credits were over. If you haven't....DO IT!

I always watch to see if there are anything after the credits.

Geeze, is Halo going to pull a Saw(the movie) on us?
IE, Saw 3 was supposed to be the last Saw, but then they make Saw 4.
Humm <_<

Anywho, I was dissapointed with Campaign. Seriously, nothing like what I expected. It was great, but bleh.
And where the crap are the Sharquoi and Drinol? Bungie said that they were going to put it all in, but no Sharquoi or Drinol?
And why are the Hunters still on the Covanent side?
Gaah, so many plot holes!
Dead_Demon, did you watch it after beating Legendary? If not, your missing a small bit to it.
Akiyo wrote:
Dead_Demon, did you watch it after beating Legendary? If not, your missing a small bit to it.

No, I didn't, even though I asked if anyone else did and mentioned that I do this to every game.
</sarcasm>
Maggeh wrote:
They built up the possibility of Cortana being rampant through those little flashes on the screen of her talking gibberish, but it ended up not being the case.

Yeah, that was just odd. Especially when the Undermind (that was the name of the big, booming voice in the Flood ship, right?) was talking about them being two bodies in one grave.
If I had to guess I'd say she's infected and doesn't know it. Sort of a Plan B if the Flood were to be defeated.
I'm still not sure if the flashes were memories or not. Judging by the teams reaction to the first one I'd say there's something more going on.
Flood can't infect technology, and can only take hosts with nervous systems (this is why Johnson is immune to the flood, his nervous system was screwed up), though maybe Gravemind was just torturing her, or something, to find out her secret, which was that she still had the Index from the first halo, which in turn was used on the rebuilt halo.

Maggeh wrote:
Flood can't infect technology, and can only take hosts with nervous systems

Oh yeah. The whole point of the Halo. Remove anything that can host them until they die off.

(Come to think of it, I don't think it mentions anywhere in Halo 3 that 'killing everything to stop the Flood' is what a Halo does. I guess I'd be praising it for having the balls to shun the new players like that if I was a fan of the series. I know I'd hate to see a BioShock III spend half the game rehashing what happened in the previous games).
Dead_Demon wrote:
And why are the Hunters still on the Covanent side?
Gaah, so many plot holes!

For the same reason the Grunts were: The Brutes likely forced them to do it. Hunters are a collection of worm things in armor, so they likely can't think much about the politics that were going on.

Page: 1 2