ID:36101

I suppose I should update the people who haven't checked Smash Bros. Dojo in a while(who hasn't?)

Here is the current list of characters, all linked to their page on SBD:

Veteran Fighters:
Mario
Link
Kirby
Pikachu
Fox
Samus
Zelda
Bowser
Donkey Kong
Yoshi
Peach
Ice Climbers

Total: 12

Newcomers:

Pit
Wario
Zero Suit Samus
Ike
Pokémon Trainer
Diddy Kong
Meta Knight
Snake
Lucas
Sonic
King Dedede

Total: 11

Grand Total: 23

Currently, Super Smash Bros. Brawl boasts 23 characters, just two short of what Melee had. Obviously, Nintendo isn't going to tell us everything that is in the game, so while more characters will be announced, they will surely keep some of them a secret.

For no real reason, here is a list of the SSBM characters that have not been announced for SSBB yet:

Luigi
Dr. Mario
Ness
Captain Falcon
Ganondorf
Young Link
Marth
Roy
Falco
Pichu
Mewtwo
Jigglypuff
Mr. Game&Watch
Expect ganon, luigi, and capt. falcon.

they are no longer doing copy characters (like young link and dr mario.)

I would be genuinely surprised if Jigglypuff didn't appear.

But yeah, not all of those characters will be returning. Lucas was supposed to replace Ness in SSB: Melee but his Earthbound game was delayed at the time, so it's possible that Ness just got cut this time (unless Lucas has a different moveset, maybe. That'd be great). With Ike in the game, you might kiss Marth and/or Roy goodbye, too.
Sarm wrote:
I would be genuinely surprised if Jigglypuff didn't appear.

But yeah, not all of those characters will be returning. Lucas was supposed to replace Ness in SSB: Melee but his Earthbound game was delayed at the time, so it's possible that Ness just got cut this time (unless Lucas has a different moveset, maybe. That'd be great). With Ike in the game, you might kiss Marth and/or Roy goodbye, too.

By the looks of Japanese magazine scans, and the way the post was worded when he was revealed, he seems to have a different move set and that Ness is coming back.

Luigi, Ganondorf, Captain Falcon, and Jigglypuff are more than likely coming back as well.

I'm pretty sure characters like Dr. Mario, Pichu, Young Link, and Mewtwo are being taken out. Not sure if Mr. Game and Watch will make it into brawl.
Zero Suit Samus is not a character, just a transformation for Samus's smash move
Quaddw wrote:
Zero Suit Samus is not a character, just a transformation for Samus's smash move

She's considered a newcomer and has an entirely separate moveset than normal Samus. Also, we don't know if we can choose to play with her at the start of the match or not, and her final smash could probably be something that turns her into normal samus.
Her final smash DOES turn her into normal Samus. You should be able to find a video clip of it somewhere online, where people visited the E For All event (or whatever it's called).

But if you can start as Zero Suit Samus, nobody has been able to figure out how yet.
Sarm wrote:
Her final smash DOES turn her into normal Samus. You should be able to find a video clip of it somewhere online, where people visited the E For All event (or whatever it's called).

But if you can start as Zero Suit Samus, nobody has been able to figure out how yet.

The greatest character ever would probably be Windwaker/Cellshaded Link.

:[
Rugg wrote:

Honestly, I want to see Paper Mario in there.

Bwgmon wrote:
Rugg wrote:

Honestly, I want to see Paper Mario in there.

WOAH! I agree.

I think Ganon in place of Gannondorf would be a better character.
The Naked Ninja wrote:

Ganon makes a good final smash for gannondorf though.
Masterdan wrote:
The Naked Ninja wrote:

Ganon makes a good final smash for gannondorf though.

That's what I was thinking. If they do bring him back his moveset will probably be something like a combination of Falcon and Link, with his final smash turning him into Pig Gannon from TP.

If capt. falcon does not return, I won't be buying a wii or brawl.
Guys, you do knw that Ganon IS a copy character? Basically just Capt. Falcon's moveset, slightly slower, slightly stronger.

If they bring him back they'll have to ditch his old moves and give him a sword.
Elation wrote:
Guys, you do knw that Ganon IS a copy character? Basically just Capt. Falcon's moveset, slightly slower, slightly stronger.

If they bring him back they'll have to ditch his old moves and give him a sword.

I believe they said that the clone characters were being redone in a way.

I doubt they would get rid of someone like Ganondorf, but Pichu can kiss his ass goodbye. And I'm guessing they will redo Falco to better represent his personality, with more aeriel based moves and all.
Elation wrote:

It was confirmed that TP's Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf's character models were sent to the brawl team. I'm pretty sure if he gets in, he'll be similar to his TP self, and will weild a huge sword, with his final smash being Pig Ganon or something like that.
I can't stop think about Pikachu :D
Full character listing:

-Mario
-Link
-Samus/Zero Suit Samus
-Fox
-Falco
-Marth
-Luigi
-Donkey Kong
-Zelda/Sheik
-Peach