ID:36120

I was wondering, is there a program on the Internet that will allow you to see what your power supply to your computer is, other than opening up the case?

Everest did not work for me. It did not have the option to check my power supply. Or maybe I just didn't see it, but I doubt it.

Also, dxdiag does not work either. That, too, does not allow you to see your power supply.

Thanks in advance.
I'm pretty sure it's impossible to tell that kind of thing via software. Open your case!
Yeah, I doubt there is any software that can tell you how much watts your power supply is capable of. You may be able to find something to tell you how much each component is drawing from your power supply, but that is probably about it and that might not even be 100% accurate.
Elation wrote:
I'm pretty sure it's impossible to tell that kind of thing via software. Open your case!

seconded.
Ah, okay. Thanks. =D
The only time I have actually been told via any software was when my Nvidia card was not receiving enough power and it informed me. And that could technically count as my hardware telling me too, more or less.
Oh. Because the thing is, I want to buy the HD NVIDIA GeForce 9 series when it comes out, and I am pretty sure I have enough power supply to use it, but, just to be sure, I want to know what it is. I don't feel like opening my case because I just suck at looking/using computer parts.
9 series? Fuck I'm still trying to get into the 7 series... My next comp will have at best the 8600 gts.
You are going to have to open the case to add in the new card anyways, so why can't you open it to see the power supply label?