ID:36199

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/gamemode/various/ various10.html

Holy crap the awesomeness never stops flowing out of this game... I can't wait!
Wow, now that is cool to have. How many console games are implementing such features besides "Halo 3"? xD
Actually, Halo 3's is far simpler that that. All it allows you to do is move and add items inside an existing map(No walls or anything that I know of). This is close to creating them from scratch(you are still working with a limited pallet of items).

This sounds like a great feature. And something I miss from games long ago. Many older puzzle games allowed you to create your own puzzles, but this has been lost as graphics have increased and genres have split.
<3 <3 <3 SSB <3 <3 <3
Psh, they so got that from me >_> <_<

Reminds me of loderunner
I can't wait to make my own trap area.
Heck yea! I wonder if you get a little award if Nintendo showcases your map :o
LOL byebye little big planet.

Brawl is going to be awesome, game of the year in my opinion (in 2008).
Little Big Planet and SSBB are not the same thing. Just because they both have map editors doesn't instantly mean that the other is dead. Little Big Planet is a physics based puzzle game. Super Smash Brothers Brawl is a high speed fighting game. Do you see the difference?
to me, a level editor can make a game. i've played duke nukem 3d for hundreds of hours. if it didn't have a level editor, i doubt i'd have played it for more than 10 hours.

however, editors in console games usually disappoint me. i love the pro skater games, and i was excited when they announced that pro skater 2 would have a level editor. but there was no way that you could make a level that's nearly as much fun as the game's original levels.
OneFishDown wrote:
however, editors in console games usually disappoint me. i love the pro skater games, and i was excited when they announced that pro skater 2 would have a level editor. but there was no way that you could make a level that's nearly as much fun as the game's original levels.

I know what you mean. Even if you had an idea of what to make and they had provided the props to make it, all the editors I've ever used limited the number of objects you placed so heavily I could never make anything fun. I'm hoping the "Remaining Parts" won't be too much of a hindrance..

That and you couldn't overlap things or have real tunnels.
I ... have been waiting for this ... since SSB. (N64) There shall be no stopping this game from devouring competition. Game of the year? From the looks of things so far, game of the next few years. I'd easily believe that Nintendo asked for SSBB to be pushed back to February so that Super Mario Galaxy would have a fighting chance.