One of the long standing errors in Darke Dungeon that has probably cost me a great many players is a javascript error on the Appearance Page of Character Generation. The reason I have so much trouble with it, is that it works perfectly on every single computer I have access to. Many of the people experiencing trouble even have the same OS and browser configuration I do, so I haven't a clue what the trouble is. If I can't reproduce it, it's hard to fix it.

That's why I come here pleading for testers. Anyone willing to help, especially people who have experienced script errors at character creation in Darke Dungeon, please try these pages using Internet Explorer. Since BYOND currently only supports IE, I haven't even begun to make Mozilla or other browser versions. dhtml/overview/filt_14.htm is the Microsoft demo of the filter I'm using. Everyone should have no problem getting it to work. uses the old method and should produce the same errors that you experience in Darke Dungeon, if you get them. is the revision and I'm hoping it corrects the script errors. is another possible fix.

Please try each version and post your results!

All visible sections of the interface should work without errors.
  • Click or drag the 3 sliders on the color bars to adjust the colors of the icon on the left.
  • Click "Skin", "Eyes", and "Hair" to select which part to adjust.
  • Click the 1x, 2x, or 4x buttons to change the preview's zoom factor.
  • Click the hairstyles under "Hair Options" to change style.

Thanks for the help. :)
Under IE 5, 5.5, and 6 run under Ubuntu Linux using Wine, the original Microsoft demo doesn't work.

Not that I was really expecting them to. They're a little dodgy about repainting. =)
As a funny side-note, the first two pages (non-Microsoft) actually work in Firefox, aside from the coloring of the body on the left itself.
I used IE6 in Windows 98SE and all of the scripts appeared to work. I didn't get any errors. I saw all of the changes. =(
No errors... and I tend to get them 90% of the time you are away in the game.
I'm getting some 'E.filters has no properties' errors on the page on line 252 of the document. You need to add a nice sanity check if(E.filters) there.