ID:36848

Whats this?
Looks boring huh?

This is a test of the obstacle course method of training. It's a mock up.
I just finished programming the system, so now all thats left to do is use it when the DBOII world is populated! This is how it works.

You talk to a course master.
The course master sets you off on the obstacle course.
You finish the course in time, and you get stat gain or zenni, depending!

The courses dont have to be little like this one though, of course! They could span entire maps, and involve tons of challenges!
The system is VERY easy to work with, so Rez or GA could make a new course in minutes! Look forward to seeing at least a few of these in the next test!

(Please Note: It'll look a LOT better in the actual version. This is just a programmers test, and we all know programmers can't draw! ;) )
In Soviet Russia obstacle training course trains you!
So basically, imagine doing the quest where Roshi tells you to find an item (i forgot what it was) in the forest. Thered be cliffs to climb, boulders to push/destroy, and more. Lots of possibilities.
So...this is more like rock climbing right? Because I've never seen an obstacle course made up of only 1 obstacle <_<
Disturbed Puppy wrote:
So...this is more like rock climbing right? Because I've never seen an obstacle course made up of only 1 obstacle <_<

Read what he says in the post. This is a mock up and actual courses would be much longer and include many more obstacles and conditions etc.
Yes, GotenSon is right. This is just a test of the system itself. Now that the system works, ading new courses is easy
What's with the random squiggles that makes water, the grid on your grass, and the multiple fists at the bottomleft?
I dunno I just work here, ask the other programmers.
One thing I don't like about DBOII is the immensly LARGE map.

I mean, Im ok with big maps. But 1,000+ people aren't going to play the game D:
Blankstare wrote:
One thing I don't like about DBOII is the immensly LARGE map.

I mean, Im ok with big maps. But 1,000+ people aren't going to play the game D:

Are you serious? Youd rather a small repetitive map with no room for quests or different areas? The bigger the map, the more possible content. Its nice to explore too >_>.
No, but I like actually finding people.
Blankstare wrote:
No, but I like actually finding people.

Lol thats what Scouter channels, World Say, Instant Transmission,Landmarks are for :)