ID:37433

After playing a heap of Team Fortress 2 last night I've come to the conclusion that people who don't play Medic don't understand how to use it at all. We're items just like the Minigun and turrets. We need to be used properly to be effective.
So here are some rules for playing when you've got a Medic juicing you up.

First rule, you've got to cover us. Most people seem to think that they're unstoppable when they've got a minigun and a Medic behind them. What they don't realize is that while they are essentially a walking fortress their Medic is extremely vunerable. We don't even have our Needle guns when were helping you.
A good medic knows they're better off giving the Heavy an extra few seconds of health regenation than trying to take on the Pyro themselves, but if the Heavy would just turn around and shoot the Pyro the Medic will survive and give them the boost they need to take any capture point.

Second rule, when you've got a Medic on you and you're not doing anything go looking for health. Medics regenerate their own health, but not at a rate that it can be relied upon. You don't need that medikit when we're around but we sure do. A good medic is always preparing his UberCharge. If we're not using our Medigun on someone we're just wasting time. So when we've just repelled an enemy attack on our base, and they're all respawning, it might be safe for us to go off on our own but we would still prefer it if we had someone with us so that when the next wave hits we've got an UberCharge ready to go.

Third rule, keep it simple. Acrobatics are great, but when you're running around like a mad man we have to follow. A useful Medic has to constantly balance covering their own butt and covering yours. We have to allow you to make your shot while we're making our own and staying in as much cover as possible.
Now you don't really see many selfish Medics. We're not going to stay in cover if you're out in a situation where you're getting shot at, so you don't have to worry about us cutting you off mid-fight, but we can be so much more effective when you let us stay out of the line of fire.
Most importantly, talk to us and listen to us. If you tell me where you're going I can plan for it, and if I tell you that you're drawing me into a spot where I'm going to die, stop pulling so hard (or at least let me know it's for a reason).
If you're struggling to make your shot while keeping us covered, look at our UberCharge meter, odds are we'll be invunerable in a moment anyway.

Forth rule, don't hit 'heal me' constantly. This one goes to everyone playing, not just those attached to a Medic. We get it, you enjoy hearing your guy yell. That's great. However when you've got a Medic on your team it's best to stick with bouncing if you want that sort of fun.
When you hit that button I look over at you and, provided you're not doing anything Spy-ish, I zap you with the healing gun. If you don't need that sort of attention you're only taking it away from someone who does.

Fifth rule, and again it goes out to everyone on the team not just those who are using the Medic. Cover us when we run. If you see us running out of an enemy base after a failed assualt take as much heat off us as possible. You may think 'well, his partner is gone he might as well respawn with him', which would be true, if it weren't for the UberCharge.
If I've lived long enough to see my partner die I've probably got at least 10% UberCharge sitting there. If not more. When I respawn I have to start charging it all over again. Now I'm not saying you should blindly run into chaos to save us, but just keep in mind that the UberCharge we're carrying is very valuable. If we escape with enough we can have it ready to go straight away and pound the objective before the enemy gets a chance to recover from our previous assault.
This is a big judgement call. Doing it 100% of the time is just as bad as never doing it, so really it's not so much a rule as something I'm asking you to keep in mind.

And now for the only thing that needs to be said to those people playing against a team with an effective Medic on it - SHOOT THE DAMN MEDIC FIRST! I can't believe how many people don't get this. Even without the UberCharge (which is almost certain to be ready before the end of the fight) a Medic is a walking unlimited health cheat.
They're giving the big guy 150% health and the ability to regain it as fast as you can take it off, yet that can be removed quickly and easily by just shooting the Medic.
The only real rule is only help HW's.
Except for the fact most of them are useless (and in fact the inspiration for most of these rules). I can't count the amount of people who I've been healing for who just can't use that class. It's simple. Point and shoot. I give them an UberCharge and they ignore the turrets to chase a Scout halfway across the map, firing wildly at a range where they're not even causing any damage.
If they could play well then yeah, we make an unstoppable death storm, but most of the time I get better results with a Soldier as my main boost.
"Forth rule, don't hit 'heal me' constantly. This one goes to everyone playing, not just those attached to a Medic. We get it, you enjoy hearing your guy yell. That's great."

But I like to hear the Pyro shout "heal me". It sounds funny.
Try hitting G if you want to waste time. Or press C(I think) and pick something interesting.
Press X instead. His animation looks like a cross between the Poopsmith and one of the Sand People.
Hey DarkView i made all of m codes for my game but i need help its a yugioh game BTW but i have 80% of the game done but i still need help
A good way to fill up Ubercharge is to Ask a solder to keep hurting himself with rockets at spawn while the medic heals, this speeds up the charge dramatically.

Edit: Also, heres come good skins
Medic Needlegun (AIDS Cannon model): http://www.fpsbanana.com/skins/31432

Electro-sapper (Engineer piss-off device model): http://www.fpsbanana.com/skins/31657