ID:37821

Keywords: ending, fatality
Dear BYOND,

I'm going to be leaving you. This time should be for good(yeah I know - ridiculous right?). I want to at least impart some final encouragement.

Every single one of you can better yourselves. Every single one of you can succeed. It's come to my attention that some people here, and I believe this is the root of all the horribly negative attitudes we get from about half of the development community that stays around Chat and the forums, that it is impossible to achieve success. I mean that you can all succeed not only in your games but in life in general.

It must be a horrible reality to live without hope, I couldn't imagine it. The whole guild of BYOND Prime is based on the idea that success is attainable for everyone - I'm a firm believer in this. With BYOND Prime's closure, I wanted to make sure its true mission statement got across.

They're going to tell you that it's impossible.
They're going to tell you that you haven't got the skills for it.

It's the same story over and over throughout history. They always tell you there is no hope. That you are royally screwed and can never come out of that pit you are in.

Not true.

So go out and make your dream.

And you know what, you'll probably fail at first. Those are just growing pain's.

Humans have know since the dawn of time that failure and knowledge are directly connected.
You've heard of Adam and Eve right? How about Hester Prynne and her Scarlet letter?

That's what BYOND Prime was always about. Take this to heart, not just in BYOND - in life too.
Wierdo
SSJ_Crono wrote:
Wierdo

;) I wanted it to be dramatic!
Wow, did you write that for a english class? Sounds almost too good to be sincere..XD Nice (sincere?) attempt inspiring Byonders though.
Who's the one that's horribly misinterpreted? I never said all people are doomed to failure, but it will be inevitable for some. Most will have a chance, though most of them will probably not take it.
But only if you're not retarded can you achieve success!
Thanks for inspiring millions of Naruto rips everywhere to come into existence. Oh, sorry, I didn't know you considered a game made fully out of some random source code and about 20+ libraries and edited icons was a 'game'.
I think the scope of the arguments in Chat were beyond that of creating games on BYOND. =P

Your post is inspiring though and I'd rather see you stay here and prevail on BYOND. But I guess that's not in your interests anymore.
yay
Thanks now I can make that Naruto game I've always wanted
.>
See you tommorow?
Pseudonym wrote:
Thanks for inspiring millions of Naruto rips everywhere to come into existence. Oh, sorry, I didn't know you considered a game made fully out of some random source code and about 20+ libraries and edited icons was a 'game'.

Who the fuck do you think you are? I didn't inspire any rips that weren't already going to happen - I told developers to give people like you the finger.

I never said all people are doomed to failure, but it will be inevitable for some.

Disagreement is there, I believe everyone has a chance and nothing's inevitable. What you are doing is damning entire subsets of the population, and having total disregard for the American Dream.

But only if you're not retarded can you achieve success!

Depends on what your measure of success for retarded people is. You guys have admitted that retarded people can function in society to a lower measure - that's probably the definition of success for retarded people.
Worldweaver wrote:
Disagreement is there, I believe everyone has a chance and nothing's inevitable. What you are doing is damning entire subsets of the population, and having total disregard for the American Dream.

I'm pointing out something that already occurs, which is far from damning them.
That's nice, but the whole point I'm arguing is that everyone can succeed. You're arguing about what we do with the ones who don't.
ACTION POPE
ITT: arguing for the sake of arguing, with complete disregard to the topic at hand
WHERE DID YOU GO? I MISS YOUUU!
Nice words.
Wherever did you wander off to?