i want to let my players to choose their icons how do i do that
i cant draw my icons any more what happend
Hulio-G wrote:
The only reason they don't notice is because they're used to it. On ps1 we never complained about the graphics because we were used to them but now that they've raised the bar and put up ps2 we started thinking ps1 graphics suck. If you've built your skill up as far as Iain has you'll just look around at what people are doing with their pixel art like "wtf are they thinking?". Just like Garthor does when he see's poor programming.

They may seem to be tough on people but in the end they are doing this for the community and trying to help Byond develop.

I swear Garthor hates me xD Even if my coding does suck and I'm in the forums for help he still insults my coding; It's like well if I'm here to asking for you to show me how to do this better and more effeciently then why are you complaining?

Also Iain you seem to be forgetting one thing; Some people are color blind(myself included) to me your whole map looks red instead of green, whereas in a game with a bunch of different colors I'm bound to realize that most of the colors are green, and your two knight pictures look the same besides the sword to me :S

SadoSoldier wrote:
your two knight pictures look the same besides the sword to me :S

I recently viewed this article on a friend's computer and noticed the same thing. I wanted people to be able to see that knight image, so I displayed the image file at 200%. Some computers (but not my laptop) blur the image when they scale it, introducing all sorts of other colors. The result is that both images look blurry, instead of one of them looking crisp.

Bald guy in a diaper.
Very nice tutorial of how to make your icons rule instead of drewl. The images look best when the color is just perfect. For example, the third paragraph has that tiny guy, with good shading, the middle guy has horrible shading and finally but not least, the tall guy with the best quality of shading. If someone were going to use that in a game, people would just scream out "Wow". Now I know I cannot icon. But I know when something is good or bad, and that icon is just "Wow".
Page: 1 2