ID:38621

Keywords: ticks
I was so sick over school break that I didn't get much done, including the BYOND game idea I have up my sleeve. I just had a blood test come back positive for ehrlichia, which is one of the tick-borne pathogens (which in general are quite common in my neck of the woods). I told my best friend. She said, "Oh, that's what Sophie had!" Sophie is her dog.
"Oh, that's what Sophie had!"

When I heard that, I immediately thought of the archetypal dumb blonde girl who would say something like that in a high pitch squeal while hopping up and down a little, which is the exact kind of person I would love to hit. I can only hope this isn't your best friend.
It's better than comparing human part removal to hard drive removal and then finding out it was cancer. ;)
It is my best friend, but she isn't dumb or blonde, and she didn't say it like that, haha.
I know nothing about ehrlichia, but at least it is "Sophie is her dog." I can think of how that sentence could be so much more foreboding.
Zilal wrote:
It is my best friend, but she isn't dumb or blonde, and she didn't say it like that, haha.

Okay, good. I would feel terribly sorry for you otherwise.
Danial.Beta wrote:
I know nothing about ehrlichia, but at least it is "Sophie is her dog." I can think of how that sentence could be so much more foreboding.

An enthusiastic 'oh, that's how grandma died!' is always a fun reaction to news like this.