ID:39233

You are a BYOND Developer. It's a thankless job, one that involves hours of coding, testing, and hosting games to the unappreciative masses. You do it for the fame, the glory, the ego boost... but wouldn't it be nice to do it for some cold, hard cash too? Now you can, thanks to the new "BYONDgnome business model":

* Phase 1: Create a BYOND game
* Phase 2: ???
* Phase 3: Profit!

/Quote
Step 1) Collect Underpants.
Step 2) ???
Step 3) BIG PROFIT.
Was there a point you were trying to make with this blog post?
Foomer wrote:

That who ever made that particular section of the site browses one of the *chans.
Maggeh:

Foomer wrote:

That who ever made that particular section of the site browses one of the *chans.

I don't get it. That's from South Park, which is obviously where they saw it. I'm pretty sure none of them browse the chans.
Kunark wrote:
Maggeh:

Foomer wrote:

I don't get it. That's from South Park, which is obviously where they saw it. I'm pretty sure none of them browse the chans.

I was just answering Foomer's question of what the point of this post was, whether the post be wrong or not.
It is true though, it is a thankless job.

Players will do everything they can to find a weakness in your code, exploit it and get the upper hand.

And I don't think I've ever seen anyone go to a developer and say "thanks for all your time and effort into making [this game/application]".
Profit!!!