ID:39347

Keywords: bad, dbz, evil
Dragonball Z, Heroes United, has been charging for subscriptions to allow players to receive boosts in the game, as brought to my attention by a friend, Inu-kun.

Here's the forum post explaining the benefits and prices.

http://straygames.3.forumer.com/index.php?showtopic=1391

Also, proof of the in game subscription button, as well as an in game list of how many people they've suckered so far.

http://www.byond.com/members/Dixon/files/ DBZHU%20Subscription%20Evidence.jpg

I was going to report this directly to an admin, but meh, they'll see it this way too.

Edit: Another screenshot, in case they delete their forum posts.

http://www.byond.com/members/Dixon/files/ DBZHU%20Subscription%20Evidence2.jpg
Yeah. Falacy has been doing this for quite some time; Im suprised it hasn't caught any of the BYOND staffs attention.
Everyone already knows, just nobody's taking action.
Delete this post or I'll beat you with my wallet.
Yeah, I'll get right on that.
its Heros United
Just because they don't know hot to spell "Heroes", doesn't mean I'm going to misspell it too.
Dixon wrote:
Just because they don't know hot to spell "Heroes", doesn't mean I'm going to misspell it too.

I think he means you misspelled "United"....
Idk theres no point in making posts about Heroes United anymore
If Maggeh already exposed the game, then why hasn't anything been done about it?

That's just weird.
Tom knows about it...He just said they aren't monitoring that sorta stuff right now...But he is thinking up a policy for them.
i know this is a bit random but what retard spends $100 on a Byond game sub let alone a fangame? 0_0
If this is all true, its TOTAL B.S.... What kind of dick-head is going to scam people out of their money anyway?.. I can only hope that justice is brought soon :/....
He's not scamming anyone, he's not tricking them into spending THEIR money, he's only giving them an outlet to spent it on. And I don't see how this is anyones business, if you don't like it. Don't buy a subscription. If Tom doesn't do anything about it, then its not up to anyone else (excluding the other Staff of course) to try and pass justice.
The problem is, it's illegal, Lord of Light. If instances of this start happening more often, and the wrong people discover it, BYOND would be given a bad name. People would think the community is full of people like Falacy, trying to rip off copyrighted material to make money.
I doubt anyone really cares what a group of 2D developers/gamers does.
Square Enix has been known to throw similar tantrums for next to no reason on "Little 2D Gamers." And the big fact of the matter is, Falacy is making more then a couple bucks from this. He's making hundreds, maybe a few thousand.

Would you be fine with that? If it were your copyrighted material, I mean.
The real problem is the fact that there are basicly no laws over the internet....
Actually Toby, it's not hard for the FBI(the people in charge of catching and persecuting those who practice Copyright Infringement) to find the identities of people over the internet. There ARE laws on the internet, people simply tend to assume they are significantly harder to enforce.

If Funimation found out about Falacy's game, and the money he was making off of it, bringing it into the federal courts wouldn't exactly be difficult.
Page: 1 2