ID:39358

I have a few projects laying around. For curiousity's sake, I wanted to see what the BYOND/Anime community thought about a few of them.

As a preface, only Zoids Battle has a real 'good' chance of getting updated more, but I'm still on the wall about that one.

Anywho, post your thoughts;
---
Zoids Battle
A project I started some years ago, it was meant to be a Zoids game most similar to the first Zoids anime to air in America (which is Zoids Zero Century). I managed to get something working and hosted it, but I lost interest and it sunk back below the surface.

Some years later, Ryokashi bought me a Membership and I ended up hosting the files; some interest developed, but the game is still in a pretty bad state from my inexperience some years ago...

I had some thoughts on reviving it with some updates to a lot of it, but I'm not sure if the Zoids fanbase here is still sizeable. There's a handful of people from DME who like the game, but the updates I'm talking about would be better suited to a wider pool of players than just 4-5 people.

If you're still into Zoids and want to see a good BYOND game of it, let me know. If there's a decent response, I'll probably put more effort into fixing up the game than I have. It'd also be nice to see just how people still like/know what Zoids is!
---
Poke`mon
In my free time I've been toying around with a Poke`mon game; I'm a somewhat competitive battler, and so I made the battle system 100% accurate to the real game's as I could (using the very helpful information on Smogon).

The game itself would most likely be a mix of RPG and a competitive battling scene.

Here's a screenshot of the little bit I did have done...

I was working on it daily and then kinda slowed down since Mitadake High went public. I think I ended up getting the moves and Poke`mon of up to Arbok added and done... Anyway, just something to think about.
---

Those are the two. Zoids Battle is repairable at this point and it wouldn't be super hard to get the game up to scratch. Poke`mon is a different story, of course.

Let me know your thoughts.
The zoids game would be easier...But nobody really has a great pokemon game on BYOND. Citrine comes close to that game feeling, but lacks alot of the basics. I say go for the pokemon game, and throw in plenty of team features..Also you'd get more ppl.
A good Pokemon game would be great. The current "You're a pokemon and you attack a dummy to level up" ones are kind of lame.

It would be nice if you make the Pokemon game and have the option to either start out as a trainer or start out as a member of Team Rocket.

On the other hand, I'd love to see a Medabots or Zoids game where you could customize. But I don't think a Zoid game would be too popular on Byond.
THE ZOIDS ONE!!! THE ZOIDS ONE!!!! lol i used to watch it all the time i think i'd like that game, but if you dont host it think i could get the files to work on it it sounds really good.
BlackKingX wrote:
A good Pokemon game would be great. The current "You're a pokemon and you attack a dummy to level up" ones are kind of lame.

I'm working on one right now. The core is just about ready and everything works for the most part. It's just going to take awhile to add all the content.

At least the map is complete.
SuperAntx wrote:
BlackKingX wrote:

I'm working on one right now. The core is just about ready and everything works for the most part. It's just going to take awhile to add all the content.

At least the map is complete.

That's pretty neat, though I prefer the ADV graphics by leap and bounds than the Gameboy Colour's.
Devourer Of Souls wrote:
That's pretty neat, though I prefer the ADV graphics by leap and bounds than the Gameboy Colour's.

I'll assume you're talking about the graphics in the newer Pokemon games. The thing is if I used those, I'd have no room to expand upon!
SuperAntx wrote:
I'll assume you're talking about the graphics in the newer Pokemon games. The thing is if I used those, I'd have no room to expand upon!

What generation are you basing the game off of? Which Poke`mon are you going to, what attacks, etc.
i think ur doing a good job
remember all the pokemon and make open gym leader spaces like.....a player can become a gym leader but of course they have 2 pass a test tell me what u think of the idea
plz go for the zoid game there isnt one zoid game on byond
That Pokemon game looks hella legit.
ZOIDs
i played zoids battle... and i loved it... but i was hoping we could work on a number 2... or i could just give u some ideas because i'm not good at icon making and i do not know how to program lol... if u are intrested in getting my idea plz email me at [email protected].... tho i might make a new email adress for buisness (game making) purpuses.