ID:42598

That's right! As of Tuesday, May 06, 2008 at 14:30 CET, both digitalbyond.net and digitalbyond2.net were taken offline. I suspect the contents of those two servers will be wiped within the next day or two and recycled to provided services to another customer.

digitalBYOND hosting was probably the longest-running (3+ years), and likely one of the more successful hosting services available to the BYOND community. I've learned a lot, and hopefully will keep that knowledge with me if I ever decide to provide these services again.

My thanks go out to those who contributed to it's untimely death, and for shafting me with about a 400 Euro ($620 USD / 315 GBP) bill which I am unable to pay off at this time. You are truly losers beyond compare.

Friends and colleagues thought it would not be good to post the blacklist at this time, as I have more important things to worry about. But the odds are good that I will change my mind in a few days and post it anyway, so that others may join my in making it known to the community that those slackers listed are not to be trusted.
I'm sorry to hear that, digi. It's weird not having you hosting the main BYOND chat program.
digital meh i have a word plzs. i am sorry what i did before making u try rehost NC but i don't really care anymore could u just unban me plzs ?
digital meh i have a word plzs. i am sorry what i did before making u try rehost NC but i don't really care anymore could u just unban me plzs ?
Terrible to hear digi. Hope you can pay off that bill soon!
:(
Any plans on starting it back up down the road?
You know what they say:

Viv'la France!
Lord reece wrote:

You didn't even glance at the post, did you?
Popisfizzy wrote:
Lord reece wrote:

I'm guessing he didn't.
Ouch, that's a huge bill to get stuck with. Sorry to hear it ended that way.

Life lesson: Take payments in advance only
Upinflames wrote:
Popisfizzy wrote:
Lord reece wrote:

I'm guessing he didn't.

I'm fairly certain he didn't. Plus i have no clue what he is on about. Oh wait, yes I do. That reminds me to ban him from my blogs too.

(oh and for the record: I had threatened to ban him from all digitalBYOND servers, but never actually got around to doing it. So he was never actually banned from any of my services. But with his post here, I should put him back on the list 'people to ban', just out of principle.)
Just for a usage note, "The king is dead/Long live the king" refers to the fact that the successor immediately takes power upon the death of the king -- and thus, the seemingly-contradictory statement is actually referring to two separate people.

In this case, there's no named successor. It confused me because I thought you were announcing the immediate startup of a new hosting service. =)
One of the most famous take offs on that is also directed at the French, where they use:

"The Republic is dead! Long live the Republic!"

Which explains my Viv'la France quotation :p
Sorry to hear. DigitalBYOND was an excellent service and its a shame to see how it was abused. Best of luck on your future plans and hopefully some of those deadbeats will pay up.

Perhaps posting their names will help put a little pressure on them?

On the other hand I wonder where some of the better (ie paying) hosted games will be going now?
Jtgibson wrote:
Just for a usage note, "The king is dead/Long live the king" refers to the fact that the successor immediately takes power upon the death of the king -- and thus, the seemingly-contradictory statement is actually referring to two separate people.

In this case, there's no named successor. It confused me because I thought you were announcing the immediate startup of a new hosting service. =)

Thanks for the history lesson- of which I was already familiar. It was meant as a joke, nothing more.

As stated in the past, digitalBYOND will return at some point, just not anytime soon. Therefore it lives on currently in the hearts and minds of those that worked to maintain it.
Okay, I figure I might as well come out and say this... what happened to the old digitalmouse who was fun to talk to? =P
sorry, forgot to add a :p to that post.

:p
that does suck... specially now that I was hoping to employ your services Digi.... now I'm angreh :(
That sucks to hear.

Anyway I can help?
Page: 1 2