ID:45038

I'm trying to figure out a way to provide a handy link back to the Dream Makers main page when people are viewing individual posts. On the Dream Makers site, the default blog title and subtitle are suppressed, and we have a custom content box that displays the title graphic. I could add a URL anchor to this graphic -- but when you click on an individual post, the custom box goes away, so the only place you ever see the title is on the DM main page, the one place where you don't need the link!

Any suggestions, CSS wizards? (Please remember that you are suggesting to an idiot, so type slowly.)
You can't just have a link back to the main page in your menu?

What did you have in mind?
Foomer wrote:
You can't just have a link back to the main page in your menu?

There is one in the dropdown menu -- I was just thinking of offering something more immediately visible.

What did you have in mind?

Well, one option is: That custom content box in the top center on the main page, the one that has the logo and the RSS link -- I'd like to display that on every single-post detail page, before the post itself. It's not a big deal, but I'm curious.
I've wanted something like this too. You could always create one of those custom content boxes and put a nice shiny button in there.
Using the side-custom-content boxes will allow the link to remain even while viewing individual posts. However, you've already used both of yours, so you'll need to combine them somehow.

If you want the title to appear on every page, and have the "back" link in the center instead of the left/right, I can whip up some CSS to shift things around. That way, it'll technically be on the sides, which means it'll be displayed for every page, but will appear in the center.
If you want the title to appear on every page, and have the "back" link in the center instead of the left/right, I can whip up some CSS to shift things around. That way, it'll technically be on the sides, which means it'll be displayed for every page, but will appear in the center.

Thanks, DC, but it's not a big deal. It was on my to-do list so I asked, but overall, I think it's probably best to keep the layout as simple as possible.
Gughunter wrote:

Thanks, DC, but it's not a big deal. It was on my to-do list so I asked, but overall, I think it's probably best to keep the layout as simple as possible.

Well, it looks like they added it for you ;)