Space Station 13

by Exadv1
Space Station 13
Stay alive inside Space Station 13
Kurper wrote:
gee whiz, and here i thought you weren't full of shit when you said you were leaving ss13 forever and didn't care about it any more.

I said I was leaving the community. The game is okay, and if the situation improves or somebody else pops up with a better version I may go play that.

In fact, I have a much better promise I should make: that from this point on I will ignore any goon I know of that wants to speak to me, as you guys have shown to be assholes yourselves so far. Not just assholes, but the most elitist ever -- just because you paid $10 to sign up for the SomethingAwful.com forums does not mean you are any better than any of us, least of all the creator of the game. Just be glad that the SS13.NET staff has their heads so stuck up their own arses that they now lack the ability to sever ties with you lot.
Cobalt7 wrote:
Data, no one likes you because you're a dick, not because you have a condition. You're too cocky about how you think your version is better when, if it's rejected so often, it sucks. That or everyone hates you too much to trust you enough to try it.

My version is great. Proof? The fact that back when it was hosted everybody joined that in favor of any other version, because at least I didn't cock up in design like most of you did. The only thing at least decently designed is the power system, but beyond that it's just child's play.
Data goons are better then you :)

I know for a fact Kurper is better then Exadv1, Data.

If you want proof compare some code sometime-If you could do that, you aren't much of a coder either.
Android Data wrote:
Tahujoe wrote:
Replace "Asperger's Sydrome" with "complete lack of any ability whatsoever to work with anyone else" and your claim of "insult" ("didn't accept my changes because of") is a tiny bit correct. Do not use your (likely self-diagnosed) "disease" as a crutch.

Oh, I'm sorry, but I thought that in an open-source environment the "working together" part was dulled out somewhat since each person contributes things on their own.

SEE: The Context, something you ever too frequently ignore (SEE: The Past, something you ever too frequently encourage others to ignore)
Persh wrote:
Data goons are better then you :)

The goons may be better at writing their decompilers and have added a nifty power system after some time, but they are most definitely not better than me precisely because they resort to name calling and insulting themselves.

If you want proof compare some code sometime-If you could do that, you aren't much of a coder either.

You haven't even seen my work, so you really don't have much to compare against there. But I'm not talking about their skills at the arts of programming or design; I'm talking about their attitude and behavior.
At the very least, Data, could you learn to know what you are and aren't capable of? I gave up on coding in DM precisely because I found it to be an impossible/bullshit language and thus incompatible with my fingers. Granted Ex and others have proven the "impossible/bullshit" half wrong, but I still can't code in DM. Neither can you.
Tahujoe wrote:
At the very least, Data, could you learn to know what you are and aren't capable of?

Knowing what I am and aren't capable of is exactly what I know, and it is one of my greatest strengths. I know what I can do, and I know where my limits lie. Of course, my knowledge of my strengths and weaknesses does not necessarily mean that you guys will believe me when I say certain things, but that's a given.

I gave up on coding in DM precisely because I found it to be an impossible/bullshit language and thus incompatible with my fingers.

That already shows you are incapable of judging my skills as I do not consider many things to be "impossible" with DM. Indeed, many things are possible, but sometimes it's just not feasible to implement something because it will not work properly due to the constraints of BYOND itself, such as the 10 FPS limit.

Granted Ex and others have proven the "impossible/bullshit" half wrong, but I still can't code in DM. Neither can you.

If you can't work with the language, and refuse to believe that anything remotely neat can be done with it, how does this put you in a position to judge me? How does this put you in a position to judge anybody's skills?
You're somewhat derailing a review, people don't want to see this back and forth business that isn't related to the review in comments.

The guide issue does need serious resolution.
Stephen001 wrote:
You're somewhat derailing a review, people don't want to see this back and forth business that isn't related to the review in comments.

Which is why I'm not going to bother with Data any more. Like arguing with a piece of paper, I swear.
The guide issue does need serious resolution.

Unfortunately, nobody knows where ExAdv is so a giant link to any guide in existance cannot be added to the hubpage. Perhaps the motd.txt can be used?
welllll SS13 is fun, fun until you go on retarded servers with retarded admins or no admins at all, so when there are retarded admins, here is what happens : you log in, (Codenemisis: NYMA EATS DICKS! NYMA EATS DICKS! example when i sent my friend in this wild game of noobs, ofc ur not all noobs only the griefers/bombers/spammers and so on and so on) and when you tell admins your problem, you get banned.... just like me when i entered the game and the shuttle was in flames, i said "Damn who made fire in the shuttle?" connection failed. wow and when no admins its a spam/grief fest but when there is actually some RP people just really suck at it, they try to RP, well example -trys opening a medpack- i mean thats not how rp goes, this game could have some rp/emote verb, but it doesnt nor ever will have, and usualy you dont run into novice players, its like "Hey wanna go demolish the shuttle?" Yeeeah. . . or when you get burned in flames, the doctors dont know the first thing about opening a med kit... (or what ever its called) or when the engineers get executed cause the other engineers, security dont know the first thing about the engine, example... I was standing around when the game started, someone turned on the engine and fire entered the engine, i was called a sabotour and executed, heh so original... later the noobs understood i never sabotaged the engine. if you want to be a fucking engineer KNOW HOW TO USE THE STUFF! i mean that guy kept wanting to be the engineer but had no fucking idea how the engine worked. or when the security took me from my cell (i was dead -_- they killed me then threw me in jail, like 6 other ppl and no they werent griefers they were so called "novice players") then they started killing my corpse
grabing my neck over and over then beating me with a fucking shockstick.
but worst part is the retarded servers + retarded admins and double + retarded players, aka the friends of admins, you get banned, because the admins dont belive there friends grief, isnt that nice? i mean wow im admun, my freend keelz all n owner, i ban u all cuz my freend iz gewd n bed, haz tight hole (thats how i see these retarded gay admins, fucking homos) but...
there are some servers
strict rp ones suck, someone doesnt rp at all, you get banned... wow... just wow fuck them, and there so called strict rp!!!!! (dont reply some pointless BS if your some SS13 nub (aka like World of warcrack noobs, AKA "Ur mum" etc. kthxbai (noob comments are not welcome, if you do noob comment this you will be hunted down by european hunters and hanged nude on the popes roof))
Notice Rauno has also posted spam and hatred on some of the other reviews, and obviously has either grudge, mental, or anger issues.

Although, I do find it odd that the creator of the game is posting a review.
The creator didn't post a review, IP did. It's just he included the creator's name in the title.
Vandur wrote:
i was banned on pershes server and then he distributed that version to other hosts so now i am banned on all of the servers and i cant play and it really sucks if persh or an ss13 athourity figure is reading this it would be nice to be able to play

Spamming IP's blog isn't going to get you anywhere, newbie. The "higher-ups" and "developers" don't hold power over what hosts do and what they distribute, so get over it.
Rauno595 wrote:
welllll SS13 is fun, fun until you go on retarded servers with retarded admins or no admins at all, so when there are retarded admins, here is what happens : you log in, (Codenemisis: NYMA EATS DICKS! NYMA EATS DICKS! example when i sent my friend in this wild game of noobs, ofc ur not all noobs only the griefers/bombers/spammers and so on and so on) and when you tell admins your problem, you get banned.... just like me when i entered the game and the shuttle was in flames, i said "Damn who made fire in the shuttle?" connection failed. wow and when no admins its a spam/grief fest but when there is actually some RP people just really suck at it, they try to RP, well example -trys opening a medpack- i mean thats not how rp goes, this game could have some rp/emote verb, but it doesnt nor ever will have, and usualy you dont run into novice players, its like "Hey wanna go demolish the shuttle?" Yeeeah. . . or when you get burned in flames, the doctors dont know the first thing about opening a med kit... (or what ever its called) or when the engineers get executed cause the other engineers, security dont know the first thing about the engine, example... I was standing around when the game started, someone turned on the engine and fire entered the engine, i was called a sabotour and executed, heh so original... later the noobs understood i never sabotaged the engine. if you want to be a fucking engineer KNOW HOW TO USE THE STUFF! i mean that guy kept wanting to be the engineer but had no fucking idea how the engine worked. or when the security took me from my cell (i was dead -_- they killed me then threw me in jail, like 6 other ppl and no they werent griefers they were so called "novice players") then they started killing my corpse
grabing my neck over and over then beating me with a fucking shockstick.
but worst part is the retarded servers + retarded admins and double + retarded players, aka the friends of admins, you get banned, because the admins dont belive there friends grief, isnt that nice? i mean wow im admun, my freend keelz all n owner, i ban u all cuz my freend iz gewd n bed, haz tight hole (thats how i see these retarded gay admins, fucking homos) but...
there are some servers
strict rp ones suck, someone doesnt rp at all, you get banned... wow... just wow fuck them, and there so called strict rp!!!!! (dont reply some pointless BS if your some SS13 nub (aka like World of warcrack noobs, AKA "Ur mum" etc. kthxbai (noob comments are not welcome, if you do noob comment this you will be hunted down by european hunters and hanged nude on the popes roof))

You talk about noobs, look at yourself.
I think its a good game admitadly its hard to learn to play but ive ben playing for a few months and id like to think iknow almost all. only things i think i dont know are how to use cryo cell (if someone could explain this to me i would greatly apreciate it) and how to bring someone back to life with the cloner machine (again if someone could tell me) whenever i see a noob i try help them out....untill they find out how to use there laser and shoot me in head at point blank range (thank you captain) same thing kinda happens on sindicate my nooby team mates shoot me but hey i can live with this i was a noob once too and a kind soul told me stuff and for that im greatful. i also understand y grifers grif i was AI and after spending 10 min watching a guy power up the engine i got board and decided to open all the doors including airlocks and the door leading to the fire in the engine =D good times!
Knight_timm0 wrote:
I think its a good game admitadly its hard to learn to play but ive ben playing for a few months and id like to think iknow almost all. only things i think i dont know are how to use cryo cell (if someone could explain this to me i would greatly apreciate it) and how to bring someone back to life with the cloner machine (again if someone could tell me) whenever i see a noob i try help them out....untill they find out how to use there laser and shoot me in head at point blank range (thank you captain) same thing kinda happens on sindicate my nooby team mates shoot me but hey i can live with this i was a noob once too and a kind soul told me stuff and for that im greatful. i also understand y grifers grif i was AI and after spending 10 min watching a guy power up the engine i got board and decided to open all the doors including airlocks and the door leading to the fire in the engine =D good times!

Damn you, greifer
I Have A New suggestion....

When You die.... you become a ghost and the ghosts can haunt you. Another suggestion is when you start out. You dont start out with just a grey suit.... you start in a army suit.
all i know is, i just got banned by one of the admins who was goin around tazin people, and saying that everyone there sucks at rp. id have gone to their forum and posted a complaint, like omost games let you, but i cant find one for it.
PEW PEW
Everybody knows SS13 sucks now.
Page: 1 2 3