ID:471032

Redundant
Applies to:Website

This feature has already been implemented, or is already achievable with existing methods.
It would be nice to have a Suggestions section where discussion like this http://www.byond.com/forum/?post=432349 happen instead of putting this as a REQUEST...

It just seems off and the word request would make the post automatically seem the OP wants it now and want it done.

Just a thought.
As a moderator my inclination would be that discussion about BYOND that isn't an explicit request for a feature, would go in BYOND Discussion.

Feature Requests however, are just that, requests, not demands. Perhaps this is a US/British social weighting difference (perhaps explaining why British customer service is not so customer serving), but my understanding would be that a request is essentially a strong suggestion, that is just as free to rejection by a higher authority. I understand what you mean by the immediacy though, feature requests do seem to be interpreted as OP's number one needs.

My recommendation would be we mark this redundant, and maybe work on better moderator tools (like splitting topics) instead, as currently I can't separate the discussion from the request in the topic you linked without destroying one. My understanding is this kind of moderator tooling is in progress though, just not as a priority for obvious reasons.
Great obviously I just needed clarification on the meanings of each.

And I thank you for your reply and information.
Stephen001 resolved issue (Redundant)