ID:47449

Keywords: diversions, politics
Best thing I've heard about the pick of Sarah Palin as McCain's VP so far:

It's the Tighe/Roslin ticket!

HT to The Distributed Republic...
That's almost enough to make me want to vote!
I've only seen one season of the show that a friend loaned me on DVD (I liked it, but it was no Deadwood) and even from that I can recognize the similarities. Though Palin is a tiny bit hotter than her TV counterpart, IMHO.

I just did some research and was rather surprised to find that Roslin wasn't played by the same actress who played Dr. Melfi on The Sopranos. I guess now I have to watch more BG to see how I could have made such a mistake.
Gughunter wrote:
I've only seen one season of the show that a friend loaned me on DVD

The second season is better than the first (except the first two or three episodes of the first season, which are some of the Best. TV. Ever), and I say that as an overall fan.

We're watching "season 2.5" right now (second half of second season) -- I hear tell that toward the end of the series there is some really disappointing stuff, but at this point it remains excellent.

In particular, you must watch through the "Pegasus" episodes, in which they encounter another batch of Human ships run by a more senior officer (the incredibly excellent Michelle Forbes), and...well, things get intense!