ID:476344

(See the best response by Deathguard.)
There is a hacker named rem674 and bot9012- they are hacking are game up.In the past few weeks they have almost shutdown falacy's heroes united 2 and our united heroes 2.This time they succeeded and shutdown are server and somehow managedto get GM.THey have hacked Byond accounts numerous times and derserve to be punished to the fullest extent.
Best response
Whao now. Perhaps you can help by providing some more details of exactly what has occured, who these people are and how they might have accessed any accounts or host-control-panels that they shouldn't have access to?

Often, on BYOND, someone who claims they've hacked you have actually done something far more simple and less insidious.
In response to Deathguard
Deathguard wrote:
Whao now. Perhaps you can help by providing some more details of exactly what has occured, who these people are and how they might have accessed any accounts or host-control-panels that they shouldn't have access to?

Often, on BYOND, someone who claims they've hacked you have actually done something far more simple and less insidious.

Basically, when I see 'give self gm' and an anime leaked source, I think of hidden verb that is called using Command in F1. It's simple as that, all he has to do is look in the source for loops that call giving admin. Shutting server in HU2/HU1(as far as I know) can be done via an admin verb.
The worst thing a game can do is adding a Give_Myself_GM verb, even if they have password. I mean, is it so hard for them to add a simple list to keep the GMs keys / ips?
Falacy's game is hard coded.If you tell him that he didnt code his game right he would tell you "i assure you i didnt make a mistake with my game"and if he can hack GM on falacy's server (Which falacy didnt give GM to anyone EVER) then they can definetly hack ours.Also rem has hacked my account before,i never gave my pass to anyone and i did have a short pass at the time but then i changed it to Caps Numbers and over 15 letters so they couldnt
was your old pass 'pass'?
The thing is Galaxie, you have yet to describe what was actually done to any of these servers. There's no evidence yet that any "hacking" happened at all. There are many ways to disrupt a server, ranging from stupid brute-force stuff to actual exploits, but the latter tend to be rare. In particular we have no evidence of anyone ever hacking a BYOND account, though there are innumerable cases of people's passwords being guessed, given away, or phished. If you never gave your password out intentionally that's good--but it most likely means you were guessed or phished.

For servers, we've found some cases that are said to be "hacking" are just triggers left in by the original author, when said game is a rip or "continuation" or whatnot; it would clarify the situation to know what game you're hosting. I can't speak for Falacy's games because I don't know the situation there, and it could be something as simple as the server being busy and more likely to bog down.
If he took the game down, it's a possible DDoS. Are you using a shell? As far as I know, Millamber had to buy an expensive shell, Falacy's games are known to use gigantic amount of CPU. Don't go around blaming the trolls blindly.
In response to Avainer1
Avainer1 wrote:
If he took the game down, it's a possible DDoS.

But far, far more likely some form of DoS. Don't interchange the terms--they are very different.
Yes,we are using shell.Rem was able to do this sort of multiplying hack where he multiplied his charecter and filled up the game and almost crashed it.
Then it is not a hack. It's a glitch, someone makes a lot of copies or AIs, which then crashed the game.
In response to Galaxie Master
Galaxie Master wrote:
Yes,we are using shell.Rem was able to do this sort of multiplying hack where he multiplied his charecter and filled up the game and almost crashed it.

Then he's exploiting a bug in the game code. That's a wrong thing to do, but it's not a DDoS, and it could only be considered a DoS on a technicality.
? Ever that prob is its fixed now

And I think he got GM verbs by mistake
yeah tarund fixed it,its all good now.