Naruto VS

by Masterralphy55
Naruto VS
A New Original Naruto Fighting game!
ID:479673

Trying to Make a sidescroller game but cant figure out how to get more then one character on the sidescroller demo, i know you used it so i thought id ask, bassically i lose the jump ability once i put a choose character login verb, just wondering if u came across this problem and how you fixed it its so annoying ive tried so much xd
Are you the guy my friend almost sold my Storm2Byond source to? Screenshot please?
Na not me lol i dnt really know anyone on byond just came back after about two years. looking to work on a project so just asking for advice screen shot of what?
In response to Kayokun
Oh ok. Well screenshot of the game. I also do programming and used to have a SS game similar to this (but it's game play like Ultimate Ninja Storm 2) and I recently moved it to isometric if you want to help out I would be glad to accept anyone who is looking for help.

Also some advice on it is to have one of two things. Either a click() for a turf of the character's portrait, or you can have them move around on a map (character select) and press a verb that detects their X Y and Z coordinates to determine which character they chose. Also make variables like "naruto" or "deidara" or "character" to determine what character they are in your attacking procs.
Im messaging on my phone at the moment so cant print screen. but yh ive got a pop up box selection for characters like new mob/player. and a corresponding code for that mob like

mob/player
base_state= 'mob'
proc
etc etc
but yh just doesnt jump
In response to Kayokun
I dont use base_state, but to my knowledge, you need to make every state mob-action or whatever. That's why I just refer to the icon state as "jump" without any base state and change their icon state to "jump".

If you want I can lend my oldest demo code of storm2byond if that code is not like, really recent. It includes fighting jumping moving and more than one char. Of course this means you will have to modify it heavily to get what you want, but its better than nothing.
yh sure that would be quite helpful could use it as a reference incase i get stuck again XD
In response to Kayokun
Got windows live messenger? Mine is [email protected]