ID:48380

Heres an update since yesterday:

1) Place to live - Solved. I've bunked in with a friend, and taken over his living room as a bedroom. We're installing a door, moving some of his furniture out, et cetera. The rent I can afford (a little over $400 a month), at least more than I can afford it anywhere else.

2) Job - Not solved. Still working on this 24/7. 7 applications sent, visiting various places on Monday when they re-open (Computerstore, f.ex).

3) Food to eat - Solved. Thanks to the overwhelming response that I recieved on putting up a donation link, I have enough money to pay for food the entire next month. I can't possibly word how appreciative I am, to the people who graciously sent me money. You really are lifesavers. I hope that I can, at the least, continue to keep my presence here at BYOND and help whereever I can.

4) Money to pay bills - Some of the money for food needs to go to this, obviously, since no paying bills = biig trouble. Cancelling non-vital things where ever possible, but rent, cellphone(to get job) and debt are the vital ones. I sold my PS3 last month to get money to pay for food/rent, and apparently its broken - So that hurts as a sudden new expense of about $800.
apparently its broken - So that hurts as a sudden new expense of about $800.

Wait, they're charging you for selling them something that broke after you sold it? And more than how much a new PS3 costs? (Disregard this if you live somewhere with a currency that is worth less than the US dollar, like Canada)
I would not pay them $800. When you sell someone something it is sold as-is. If it broke after it left your possession that is their problem, not yours. You're in a mini-crises right now, you have no time for their stupidity.

On a side note, you never mentioned how your fever was? Still roasting marshmallows?
The sale was to a friend, I trust him when he says it was broken when he got it. He's fronted plenty of money and expenses on my behalf over the past half year. And $800 is about $200 under the cost of a new PS3, and it has a 250GB HDD and can play PS2 games (and is a US-edition).

Yeah, still roasting away - Slightly better, but going down dreadfully slow. Every bit of fever is getting replaced by sore throat, but thats a good thing. Ah well. Me being ill is the least of my problems lately, I'm doped on some form of painkiller anyhow ;)
Then give him money to fix it, rather than taking it back :P. The blu ray laser costs about 150$ USD, and it can't get much higher than that for anything else with it's price.
Well, its randomly rebooting at different points. It could be the HDD, it could be something else - Its not under warranty and spending $150 and finding out its *not* the laser would suck. Anyhow, I'm stalling on that as much as I can. But he's a good friend and I've had it at my place for 4 months since he payed the 3500DKK, so he's getting understandably angry by now.
Well, if he sent it in, they would tell him how much the repairs cost. Then you can give him the money; I'd rather do that and make 50$ rather than taking it back and making nothing.