If you preordered the Fable II Collector's Edition (as I had... until today), prepare to have your expectations lowered.
I stopped by the store on the way home and changed my order to the Normal Edition. The bonus content sounds all right, but there's a catch, one that's already disappointed me at least twice on the 360 (The Godfather and Mercenaries 2 are the ones that come to mind, and I think Crackdown may have been a culprit too): the "bonus content" requires you to have your console connected to the Internet. Which, as I have noted on multiple occasions in the past, is unwholesome because:
* it promotes the release of buggy games (We'll patch it with a free download real soon)
* it costs an extra $100-$200 for the hardware to get it connected (router, modem, voltmeter, nail gun, wireless thingy, belt sander)
* it gives developers an incentive to exclude the coolest content from the game you just paid $60 for
* it is a blasphemy against God
* in my day, games came on 4K ROM cartridges and we liked it
If you have your console connected to the Internet, good for you, but if not, be warned: the bonus content is a lie.
By the way, congratulations to EBGames/Gamestop for doing the right thing. When I got home tonight, after changing my preorder, it turned out that during the day they'd left an automated message on my answering machine, letting me know about the change in the Fable II CE.
Copyright © 2016 BYOND Software. All rights reserved.