ID:491303

(See the best response by Higoten.)
What operating system and/or browser are you using : Windows XP SP3 , Google Chrome , BYOND 493.1117
What were you trying to do when the problem occurred : Thursday i was playing normally, friday the problem occured.
What actually happened, and how did it differ from what you expected? : I can connect to my pager but when i try to join a game the blue box appear then disappear 3 seconds after, i spammed it and a window appeared saying that Connecting to byond://BYOND.world.xxxxxx , Connected ,Connection failed. I thought it was a firewall problem, i desactived windows xp firewall and my router firewall and the problem still occured. I deleted the cache, renamed byond byond-old,reinstalled byond, log on with another byond account ... I tried pretty everything and it didn't work.
What steps did you follow? BYOND -> Logging in -> Everything is cool, i can connect to my pager -> Join Game -> The blue box appear and disappear after few seconds -> connection failed
little video about my problem : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpXnea74WvQ&feature=youtu.be
This happens to me several times a day, but I usually relate it to my terrible ISP(HighesNet - Satellite Internet).
Best response
Hi Belani Yassine,

Can you try uninstalling BYOND using Add and remove programs, Then go to My Documents, You should see a BYOND folder, Rename that folder to BYOND-old (don't delete this folder), Then return to the BYOND website and download the latest version of BYOND.

The only other solution I can recommend is to recheck your firewalls and antivirus programs. You mentioned in your post that this began last Friday.Did you make any significant changes on Thursday/Friday? If you downloaded any new programs, check to make sure they didn't come bundled with some over-protective security trail that blocks everything (such as McAfee or Norton) If you have a Nvidea graphics card, also check to confirm that it didn't come preinstalled with a firewall. It's possible you have a firewall running on your computer that you aren't even aware of.

Hope this helps!
Both solutions didn't work, i desactivated both of my firewalls (router and windows firewall).
I did a video about my problem, hope it will help.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpXnea74WvQ&feature=youtu.be
Now it's not saying that byond pager is offline connecting as a guest but connectiong to byond://BYOND.world.xxxxxxx Connected, Connection failed
The pager is obviously connecting, but Dream Seeker can't talk to it, which means there's something blocking it. There are two possibilities here.

The first is that you still have a firewall blocking one of the programs, which may be hard to check for. The other is that something has gone wrong in your configuration. One thing you should try is going to your BYOND data directory (go to File | Preferences... | Advanced in the pager) and finding cfg/pager.txt. Close the pager (exit completely--don't just close it to the system tray), and rename this file to something else. Then try to login again.
I desactivated windows firewall and my router firewall and did the 2nd solution but it doesn't want to work. Should i recover my computer ?
why does the b lue box disapear wen i try to log in byond
??? need help guys pls help me
i have the same problem to the blue bow desapears in 2 seconds
Seems that alot of other people have the same problem, help us please i wanna play at byond again ;'(
help!!!! same problem
What happens if you go to the BYOND pager > File > Preferences > Games > and unchecked the box that says "Login to games as guest if pager is not running"? Does that effect or change anything that happens when you attempt to join a game?
In response to Higoten
no its the same thing
I fixed the problem by using CyberGhost VPN.
How did you do it belani? Please answer i have the same problem for 1 week and 3 days!!!
Download CyberGhost VPN setup it, connect with it and launch byond
But there's that serial number stupid problem.. Can you give me one please?
Hi, Im having almost the same problem. Last night I was my playing my game without any problems,but then I closed the game and opened it again but nothing was happening. I was on my pager and I kept spamming on the join button but all I would see is my mouse with blue circle(it was loading) but nothing would happen. I tried restarting my computer but nothing happend,I deleted byond and installed the latest version 506.1247 and I tried again but nothing happened..
So I dont know whats happening because I've never had this problem before so can someone please help me,Thanks.