ID:50125

I've been thinking recently about starting work on a singleplayer Frenetik game, just to add to the Great List of Unfinished Projects of 2008. Singleplayer play would mean I could add all of the fancy flashy features that I want, while keeping it in nice, easy to use BYOND (although my game system is coming along quite well - I may rewrite my Starsim screensaver using it).
I should probably explain that Frenetik is an action shooter game based on the TitanNet combat engine, featuring a wide variety of weapons, a variety of grenades including smoke and flashbangs, and a fairly buggy scoreboard.
(which obviously wouldn't be making an appearance in a singleplayer game :-P).
The game would include a Story mode, where some stuff happens and there are scripted events and things. I'd be making use of my scripting language, RScript for these, which would make the game the first practical application of the language - although first I need to add a few new features to it (such as more control structures). I'd probably hard-code AI, although if I can get RScript fast enough, scriptable AI would open up a great opportunity for modding should anyone want to do it.
What would people think of a singleplayer Frenetik game? I might take on an artist for environments, since although people seem to like Frenetik Guy, I still suck at drawing environments.
Some comments from the two people who've nay/yea'd it so far would be nice.