ID:50452

Keywords: byond, creators, game, guild
So over the past few months I have been attending class at a local college where I live. In this class I am majoring in Game Design and minoring in multimedia and my Goal is to become a Game Developer and work for an awesome game company as is probably everyone else that is on BYOND. Which brings me to my next point. The other day as I was sitting around at my friends house who I attend class with we were going over some game ideas he was telling me about an pretty sweet sounding game kind of based on the book Eragon. As he was talking to me I was working on a game in BYOND, working on icons, when I passed the idea to him that he should check it out. And as I explained to him how BYOND helped me with my programming skills and some artistic views the thought hit me. BYOND really is a great source to learn and hone in skills that you can use in the real world. Prime example in my Visual Basic and C++ classes that which I had to take both on the Beginning and Intermediate levels as this is course requirement. I realized that even though I was using this product that had pop-up and drop down menus to help me big what I was looking for having the concept and grasping of code layout learned from BYOND made it really easy. It was almost to easy on some programs I had made to point where I had found several different solutions to one problem simply because I had to do it BYOND like that. I even had to help debug the teachers code from time to time. Which was fun.

Back on point! So as I have learned BYOND is a great tool for any level of programmer or artist or anyone really! So I have decided to start a Game Creators Guild the point of the guild is to have anyone join who has a dream to one day join the Gaming Industry not just play great game but make them. Hopefully by bringing these people into a niche inside the world of BYOND we can pass ideas, knowledge, skills, and maybe other talents along to each other in a grand effort to one day attain our goal.

Hopefully you understand the point I am trying to relay to everyone. But allow me to summarize. BYOND is a great tool at any stage in a Game Developer's career from beginner to advanced and with the knowledge and the people we gain from BYOND we can excel to new heights and new goals.

Join the Game Creators Guild if you ever had, have, or wanted to become a Game Developer on any level. From Sound, Code, Concept Artist, Tester, Debugger, Level Designer, or anything else you can think of. Let us use what we have to help us gain for the future!

~Brent(Smoky)
Nice to see a fellow game designer on BYOND. I'm also majoring in game design.

If you want to be serious about this guild, i suggest you post information and happenings in the industry.
You gotta add a join button first mr. pothead.
IcewarriorX wrote:

As a matter of fact my name is not this because I am a pothead. My friend this is out of a respect to a dear friend of mine of died before we graduated high school his name on everything was always Smokymcpot and I wanted something to remember him by but thank you though and Yes I realize I need a join button I am still working on website changes!
Pmitch wrote:
Nice to see a fellow game designer on BYOND. I'm also majoring in game design.

If you want to be serious about this guild, i suggest you post information and happenings in the industry.

You have a very valid point and I will do that I will first have to finish up with the layout overhaul that I am currently doing but that is a great idea
Smokymcpot wrote:
IcewarriorX wrote:

As a matter of fact my name is not this because I am a pothead. My friend this is out of a respect to a dear friend of mine of died before we graduated high school his name on everything was always Smokymcpot and I wanted something to remember him by but thank you though and Yes I realize I need a join button I am still working on website changes!

/wrists
IcewarriorX wrote:
Smokymcpot wrote:
IcewarriorX wrote:

/wrists

Actually I don't cut myself I don't dig pain! Hehe I am to much a nerd! O well! That would be your opinion and mine on you is very distorted as well :)
Smokymcpot wrote:
IcewarriorX wrote:
Smokymcpot wrote:
IcewarriorX wrote:

/wrists

Actually I don't cut myself I don't dig pain! Hehe I am to much a nerd! O well! That would be your opinion and mine on you is very distorted as well :)

Wasn't referring to you, I was just in awe at the guilt trip :/
IcewarriorX wrote:
Smokymcpot wrote:
IcewarriorX wrote:
Smokymcpot wrote:
IcewarriorX wrote:

/wrists

Wasn't referring to you, I was just in awe at the guilt trip :/

O well sorry then miss-read. But anyway now that we probably have one of the longest quote replies on BYOND. I added a join guild button, but do stick around I am adding and changing the layout all night until I like it.

Moo! :D