ID:50862

Keywords: 3d, art, byond, castle, modeling, rts

Post your comments and opinions on what I should make/add. Thank you.

The characters are temp. The grass is temp. The gold texture is temp.
You're making an Isometric game on BYOND?

That's not even the issue here, but yeah, you're making an isometric game, but, uhm, you're asking for what you should 'add' or 'make'. Surely you have a design in mind for what game you're making? Care to share?
It would be nice to know what kind of RTS it is. Is it a base defense game? Is it a game where you command multiple units and expand your city or whatever?

Also, you're going to need AI or your own networking, because there is no way an isometric etc. game can be hosted with BYOND's networking.
AZA wrote:
You're making an Isometric game on BYOND?

Surely you have a design in mind for what game you're making? Care to share?

A medieval style RTS.
Jeff8500 wrote:
It would be nice to know what kind of RTS it is. Is it a base defense game? Is it a game where you command multiple units and expand your city or whatever?

Also, you're going to need AI or your own networking, because there is no way an isometric etc. game can be hosted with BYOND's networking.

Bzzzzt, wrong, but thanks for playing! OneFishDown's TheRoyalNonesuch2 had no problem running with several people in it, and I was hosting on a lowspeed cable connection and a Win98 box with 128MB of RAM.
Airjoe wrote:
Jeff8500 wrote:

Bzzzzt, wrong, but thanks for playing! OneFishDown's TheRoyalNonesuch2 had no problem running with several people in it, and I was hosting on a lowspeed cable connection and a Win98 box with 128MB of RAM.

Really? Awesome! I still never got to try it, though (I've seen it before, and have wanted to see the engine in action), the files aren't hosted anymore =/.
Add some sort of giant robot. Seriously.

Please?..

And great graphics, I was planning on making a 3D-rendered RTS but I never really had the kind of program I could use for it. I may try making some graphics in SketchUp..
Mechana2412 wrote:

And great graphics, I was planning on making a 3D-rendered RTS but I never really had the kind of program I could use for it. I may try making some graphics in SketchUp..

If you want to draw me some concept art. I will design them.

And no on the robot. ;) maybe for another game

unless you can convince me otherwise with a good looking robot
Add something that makes volcanoes pop up out of the ground! Or something that makes a really bad storm that hits the enemies with lightning! Or just some form of laser, I'm fine with lasers (laser rocket!).
Mechana2412 wrote:

If you want to draw me some concept art. I will design them.

And no on the robot. ;) maybe for another game
Jeff8500 wrote:
Add something that makes volcanoes pop up out of the ground! Or something that makes a really bad storm that hits the enemies with lightning! Or just some form of laser, I'm fine with lasers (laser rocket!).

Natural disasters. Good idea.
What program do you use for your 3D graphics?
Blender
Ok