ID:51045

Well, I'm back at my Mom's house again. After my mom passed away in august, my uncle moved into the house to help take care of my grandmother. He's been on chemo for almost two years, and he's finally losing. Currently, he is here with Hospice, and probably only has a few days left.

My grandmother just spent the day in the hospital because she tripped and fell, breaking her arm. So I'm here hanging out taking care of my grandma, and watching my uncle die. And unfortunately, I think him dying is going to pretty much take all the will to live from her as well. Nobody should have to watch their children die, and this will be her second in three months...

Really sorry to hear that. Wish you and your family well.
The holiday season is always hard on families that have recently lost someone close to them. And I can only imagine how much the addition of bad health of other family is adding to that distress.

I hope you enjoy this season the best you can, and try to look at the good parts and not dwell on the bad.
That sucks to hear, i hope you and your family get through things. I wish the best for you and them.
Nadrew wrote:
The holiday season is always hard on families that have recently lost someone close to them.

No kidding, my aunt died on Christmas Eve.

Flick, your situation sucks. I'm living with my grandma right now and it's like every month another one of her friends dies. Mortality is a bitch.

Here's a picture of a kitten in a box of Pop-Tarts.
That is terrible. All I can say is good luck to you, and you'll be in my Prayers.
I'm very sorry to hear it. I wish I had something more useful to say. I imagine the more cheerful you can stay, the more pleasant it will be for them, but of course that's easier said than done.
This is awful, Flick. It seems like all of the rotten happenstance is being dumped on you all at once. For what it's worth, hang in there, and good luck with your endeavours.
Hang in there, Flick. I'm sorry for the way things are going and I wish you and your family the very best. Like Gughunter, I wish I had something more cheerful to say.

Life is full of good and bad things, and often more bad than good. Remember to hold onto the good, and even a few moments can be enough to go forward even when in the dark.
My condolences. I hope 2009 treats you a lot better. Best wishes to you and your family.
SuperAntx wrote:
Nadrew wrote:
The holiday season is always hard on families that have recently lost someone close to them.

No kidding, my aunt died on Christmas Eve.

Flick, your situation sucks. I'm living with my grandma right now and it's like every month another one of her friends dies. Mortality is a bitch.

Here's a picture of a kitten in a box of Pop-Tarts.

My grandma died on New Year's day...

Best of luck, Flick, hope everything begins to turn around for you.
Thanks everyone. Hope you all have a Happy Thanksgiving. We are here making the best of it.

By the way, thanks for the pic SuperAntx. My mom would have loved it. :)
I'm sorry for your loss. I wish there was something I could say or do, remember I don't live far away if there is.
Oh, man. I'm so sorry.
I wish I could actually do something; but instead, I cabn only wish you luck. Meh.

I wish you the best of luck.
Be strong!
My grandmother died a few days ago, and it really depressed my grandpa.

I feel for you, man. It sucks bad.