ID:51358

Xbox Live 2.0

(New Xbox Experience)

So by now NXE is about 2 weeks old and all the Xbox junkies have had their feel of the newness of it. So for all of you non-Xbox junkies let us feel you in on what you are missing out on.Some of the newest features NXE has to offer aren’t really all that new to the industry for example:

These customizable mini character representations of what we want others to think of us are no new star to the gaming world. In fact these cute little characters bear a striking resemblance to Nintendo’s Mii’s. With the same basic concept of creating a virtual image and then allowing the player to use this virtual image in a variety of different applications over the Xbox’s console. Some of these programs include Xbox Live Arcade games such as A Kingdom of Keflings which allows the player to take their avatar and with four other players create a world of people were they are giants and they rule over keflings. Although as it stands right now the avatar system is nothing special ,but soon Xbox plans to release and market new game and new applications in which players can use their avatars to raze chaos.

Another great feature that the NXE has to offer is the new Marketplace some of its new features have some gamers drooling:

•Netflix:

Netflix has teamed up with Microsoft to bring the movie watching experience home to the gamer. This new feature allows Netflix customers who have an Xbox to create a list of movies, and then by registering your Xbox to your account stream the movies live over your internet connection. Which I must say is handy dandy slick as candy. Although right now this list of movies the player is able to stream is kind of small they are constantly adding new movies and TV shows.

•Demo’s Galore

Xbox has overhauled their availability when it comes to being able to demo games almost every game that is coming out has a demo that can be played. Which when it comes getting your game out there nothing like a good demo to spruce up sales.

•Gold Member Specials

NXE has a lot more to offer in the way of giving more benefits to its members. Some people complained that paying $50 to play online wasn’t worth it, but now Microsoft is making it worth it. By giving discounts on many items like new games, old games, accessories, exclusive downloaded content, beta testing, and much more.

•Installing Games to HDD(Hard Disk Drive)

Although this feature is very limited in its ability it opens the possibility for Direct2Drive download and play. Installing any current game in your arsenal sounds like a great idea to get around buying games, but Microsoft is one step ahead by not allowing you to start the game without the disc. Some people ask why even use this feature if you have to use the disc to play? Well if you do take the time to install the game to drive you will learn that some games play faster, load faster, and just generally run smoother. Right now this is limited but in the future this will be the way we get games.

In wrapping NXE have a lot of great features and a lot of functional features to offer. We have only listed a lot of noticeable changes and features that we thought sold us on the new look and design of NXE. There are tons of other things that they have created and a lot of new things that will be coming down the pipeline.

For more in depth details please visit http://www.Xboxlive.com. Thanks for reading and Check back for more news and information in the next Industry Insider.
Installing a game on a console is usually not considered very good to most players. Many would rather wait the extra 30 seconds for the game to load rather than waste 2 to 3 GB of hard drive space (especially if you have a 20 GB Xbox).
As a matter of fact to install the game on the hard drive most games are 6.8gbs or higher. So with a 20gb hard drive it is kind of worthless anyway, but never the less it can be done. Even then some games have been shown to run slower off the HDD example: Halo, Mass Effect
Smokymcpot wrote:
As a matter of fact to install the game on the hard drive most games are 6.8gbs or higher. So with a 20gb hard drive it is kind of worthless anyway, but never the less it can be done. Even then some games have been shown to run slower off the HDD example: Halo, Mass Effect

Really now? I believe you're misinformed. From what I've heard, Halo 3 actually loads slower.
Yammen wrote:
Smokymcpot wrote:

Really now? I believe you're misinformed. From what I've heard, Halo 3 actually loads slower.

I believe sir that I did put runs slower. I was giving examples of games that do run slower.
Smokymcpot wrote:
Yammen wrote:
Smokymcpot wrote:

I believe sir that I did put runs slower. I was giving examples of games that do run slower.

Oh, my bad.
Smokymcpot wrote:

But sir, I believe that which is installed on the hard drive disk sometimes runs slower. If you were to install a game on your hard drive disk and run it, the game would take longer to load, and thus be more slower, my good sir.

There's also the question of hard drive disk, sir. Many games are over 6gb, which is oft too much for a 20gb hard drive disk to store, because it is so large, sir.

Yammen wrote:

Sir, I believe the post in which you have not read has somehow left you misinformed to the post in which you did not read. For you see, sir, the post you were misinformed of clearly dictated the points in which you so daftly listed yourself.

Sir, if you were to go back and inform yourself of the post in which you were misinformed of, you would be informed of the points in which I put it, you so daftly listed yourself.
It is all good. Actually there are very few games that do run faster a couple are:
Grand Theft Auto IV, Fable 2, Fallout 3, Ninja Gaiden 2
You guys are missing the point, installing it on the HDD will make the disc not spin as much. Less heat = less ring of death. My 360 isn't 1/5th as loud as it is playing off the HDD as it is when playing from the disc.

I installed fallout 3 though. It's the only one I really felt needed to, as for fable 2, I traded that back to gamestop for the 25 bucks it was worth in the first place.