ID:52504

Keywords: dotcome
I'm setting up for my newest game, dotCOM. It stands for Character Maker Online and has been in the process of being created for the last couple of weeks. So far we have a great trading system, some turfs, an original base, and plenty ideas to fuel the upcoming creation. At the moment, not much is done since this is around the holidays and people (besides myself) get busy. The game is going to have lots of different features which I hope the players will find to be quite innovative. I'm not looking to usurp any other BYOND game with this creation, but merely make a different kind of RPG. The entire point of the game is to create an original character, one that can't be copied in means of stats and whatnot; eventually I hope to make it so that the characters can't even look the same.

There are going to be lots of things to do once the game gets farther into development, but there are still some things missing; Pixel Artists mostly. I can understand why though, since everyone is pretty much making RPGs now-a-days. I guess this is a pretty sought after genre in BYOND gaming at the moment, but I think it should be since I find RPGs to be fascinating. For now, this is just the opening post. Soon, I think I shall make some posts with screen shots and updates that the amazing programmers in which I've gotten the honor of working with are cookin' up.

Later For Now,
-Seikyu
I don't think it is possible to make it so there is no likeness to another other character. I mean, when people look the same in real life, how are you going to stop that in a game?
Trosh Kubyo wrote:
I don't think it is possible to make it so there is no likeness to another other character. I mean, when people look the same in real life, how are you going to stop that in a game?

I'm not sure yet actually. Since the resources I have a really limited at the moment. But I'm sure it wouldn't be that hard since I've a realistic idea of how many people would play it being a BYOND game. Not to mention a RPG since there are SO many BYOND RPGs already. xD

I could actually go into the game with maybe four different options of visual customization, that have only three different choices each and come out with a character "nobdhy" else has. But I see where you are coming from, if this was some massive project like WoW and whatnot, I think it would be impossible without using a three dimensional graphics system; on top of that having some form of advanced customization system like Morrowind and Oblivion.