ID:52535

Keywords: new, resolution, years
Traditionally, new years is a time to look back on the year that is about to come to an end. To fondly remember the good and be happy that the bad is past.

The last year for me has without a doubt been the hardest, most trying year of my life. I've given up a child, lost the love of my life, got fired, lost all money, lost my apartment, lost most of my friends and virtually anything else that was a part of my life a year ago. The past 3-4 months have been a day-by-day battle to try and move on and get back some semblance of a life.

At the apex of the year, I'm happy for the good memories of things that were. Those will always be with me, come hellfire (as it has) or not. And I'm happy that despite 18 hour workdays, no money or real social life and lonely nights, things are moving in the right direction for the first time since last December.

I think my new years resolution will be a simple one: to rediscover the joy of life that I once had so much of; to learn how to smile again. Its so easy to forget the positive, and even a single moment of true happiness can light up a thousand bad memories.

I'm tired of looking behind me and losing track of where I was going. So heres to a good new years eve, and the future to come!

Cheers,
Martin

Sounds like a rough year for you, but I'm glad to see you are recovering. I've known many people in situations like yours that just give up, they see no need to carry on. Thankfully, however, there is always a place for a hard worker in this world.

So, happy new year, and here's to a better one.
Amen, I've had a pretty rough one this year too. But that's how it goes sometimes.
Keep on keeping on, son!
You go girl!
Good Luck- and remember Solomon's wisdom- This too shall pass. It helps when all seems dark, or when things are going well to keep a level head.