ID:52874

Keywords: website
We've just unveiled another new feature for the BYOND hub: Your games can now link to a video. Hub entries that have a video attached will show a little video icon in search results, and if you use any of the video sites BYOND supports, the video will appear at the top of the hub entry page. You can also embed videos the old-fashioned way, by using like you already can in blog posts. This is also a valid format for the video URL you choose. For more info on recording videos of your BYOND games, there is now a tutorial you can use. If your video is on YouTube, you can submit it to our new BYONDtube group, where we plan to showcase the greatest games on BYOND.

Speaking of YouTube, we've been broadening our horizons a bit and now you can embed videos from some additional sources as well. Google videos can be embedded in a blog post or hub entry with , and we have similar support for Metacafe. Metacafe's URLs are in a number/name format, so for Metacafe you would use metacafe:number_name. You can embed videos from these sites in blog posts, and use them for your hub entries. (Hub entries can have videos from other sites too, but they won't show up embedded directly in the page.)

Another change is one you'll see when searching for games: The old Live, Host Your Own, and All Games tabs are gone. Instead, any search for games or a list of a guild's games will let you narrow your search to look for only games that are downloadable, only games that are live, only games that are favorites, etc., and you can mix and match options. You can also do actual searches when you're looking at a guild's games, too, which is helpful if you're looking at a big guild like BYOND Anime or BYOND RPG and want to quickly find out which of their listed games are the kind you like most. This is a good way to find out, for instance, if there are any single-player games about zombies that you can download.

Now you should have an easier time than ever finding the right game to play. And if you're a game developer, you can make your game that much more attractive to potential new players. If you're a player, you can make videos of your greatest BYOND gaming achievements and share them with YouTube. Let's make some movies!
Hm.. sounds pretty cool. :D
I'll definetly be using this new feature. XD
I'll be taking advantage of this feature.
Cool... However, doubt I will use it =).. Still really like the idea... BYOND keeps getting better and better :(
"Instead, any search for games or a list of a guild's games will let you narrow your search to look for only games that are downloadable, only games that are live, only games that are favorites, etc"

Subscription available option pleeaaaassseeee

I like the idea of Youtubing our games, but really, it looks so ugly on there due to the resolution and cramping when you upload. I'll be looking to see other games in action though.
Actually with the new HD option in Youtube vids, you can actually watch the videos now without it being too blurred up to see anything.
This will be a very good thing as people will be able to see what the game is like before they lag there PC up with the resources