HUD Groups

by Forum_account
An easy way to manage screen objects.
ID:533279

I know this is pretty simple to do but I thought it would be good to include in your library. From what I saw there was nothing in there about this. I want to know how to make the game screen bigger but not increase the size of the icons themselves. An example of what I want is on the game Rise of The Pirates.
You're looking for the world.view or client.view variables. They can range from 1 - 32 and default at 7.
Yes I tried the world.view but I still can't manage the same effect that the game I mentioned has. I tried to increase the size of the game screen itself then make the world.view increased so that the graphics aren't enlarged. This gave me the result of the game screen having two black bars to the sides to keep it square. If you could help me with this I would be very gracious.
The library does come with a demo (called border-demo) that shows how to reposition screen objects when you change the view size. Just changing the view size isn't really specific to the HUD library, but the library does make it easy to move HUDs around so they're always positioned properly - you can just call the HudGroup's pos() proc to move all objects it contains.