[Website] [Share] [Subscribe]
ID:53458
 
Keywords: iccusion, mikau, review
Feval is a mock-up of the classic hit Bomberman that blew it's way into our homes 1983. The game is based on what you would see as Super Bomberman from the early 90's

The twist? You're no longer that bomb dropping maniac in a space suit, but a squirrel out for revenge. Using explosive acorns, as well as the power-ups found in the trees, you must blast your way to victory against up to 4 other opponents.



The game plays out exactly the same as the original Bomberman that it was created from, and the interface is what I would call very friendly. Iccusion still uses it's classic interface style which I've said before makes going from one game to the next a breeze. With 12 different maps, and 2 different set-ups for each map, you'll never have a problem with a server being full, as well as the game being able to accommodate up to 120 players.

The graphics for the game are beautiful. I've always love the work Iccusion has done in the past and how well they're style blends. They're easy on the eyes, and don't hurt your eyes after prolonged play. The sound however, there isn't much in that department save for a few sound effects from the booming bombs, and the power ups. This could be a good thing or a bad thing, as some people like to listen to their own music while they play games. The lack of music would allow them to still hear the sound effects, however a music toggle would be likely better. I expected to hear the classic Iccusion music playing when I joined, but we can't always get what we want.

Because the game is based on Bomberman, it isn't exactly the most original game, however bringing it to a new platform as well as the ranking and customization of your squirrels earns the game a good impression. It's like a new method of panhandling, same old junk, but it's got a shiny new coating.

Overall, I give this game 5 out of 5 acorns for my impression of it. Sure, the game isn't the most original out there, and it's lacking in the sound department, but there's always a flaw in every game that we don't like, and what really matters is if we have fun. The game has a lot of entertainment value, so I encourage you to give it a try. If anything, you can at least make a few cracks about kicking peoples nuts.
needs moar pictures
IcewarriorX wrote:
needs moar pictures

Take heed, young Padawan. For you shall find upon clicking the name of said game reviewed an arsenal of pictures for thy viewing pleasure.

Or, in layman terms. Hub entries have screen shots right on them now, meaning that I don't need to plaster this review with the same pictures.
But screenshots make reviews look shinier. :)
But it is good to be different.
Foomer wrote:
But screenshots make reviews look shinier. :)

I'm sure some people think that the numbered system makes reviews look shinier too. I prefer to just give a description of the game, what you do, and my opinion of it, and let the reader go make the decision for themselves. I hate ranks for the simple fact that people will judge whether they try a game or not based on if it has a high rating.

This is more based on websites like IGN and what-not. I know people that go to that website and other review sites and if a game got a lower score(like say 6 out of 10), they won't buy it because they just assume it's garbage based on the opinions of others.

If the information there isn't enough to make them go give it a try, then a screen shot isn't going to change their mind either.
IGN reviews have screenshots. :)

But I'm all in favor of no ratings.
What's the ten dollar subscription for? There doesn't seem to be any info on the hub.
Airjoe wrote:
What's the ten dollar subscription for? There doesn't seem to be any info on the hub.

It's in mid process. Currently the only thing you get is name and font color changes, but once it is fully integrated you will get custom overlays, the ability to run co-op on the story mode (coming soon), and more.
Aaiko wrote:
It's in mid process. Currently the only thing you get is name and font color changes, but once it is fully integrated you will get custom overlays, the ability to run co-op on the story mode (coming soon), and more.

Had I known you were going to add so much more to the game, I probably wouldn't have reviewed it so soon.
Mikau wrote:
Aaiko wrote:
It's in mid process. Currently the only thing you get is name and font color changes, but once it is fully integrated you will get custom overlays, the ability to run co-op on the story mode (coming soon), and more.

Had I known you were going to add so much more to the game, I probably wouldn't have reviewed it so soon.

Well the story mode is basically a whole new game using the same engine and resigned for single player or co-op, but linked to the online game. It might not be out for awhile.
Feval is tonnes of fun =D

And i don't know why i think Aaiko haxed his acorn count >.>
Chris Gayle wrote:
Feval is tonnes of fun =D

And i don't know why i think Aaiko haxed his acorn count >.>

I don't know why you think so too. He got his acorns not by edit, but by playing a lot of times
Has it been around that long O.O for people to be scoring 8->10 (k+)? Am i extremely late o.o
Chris Gayle wrote:
Has it been around that long O.O for people to be scoring 8->10 (k+)? Am i extremely late o.o

You get acorns for more than just winning. I believe they're acquired through every kill, you can sometimes find 3-4+ in a game just on the ground, and I'm not 100% sure, but getting achievements might give acorns as well.
I don't know i just whord them when i see them, 500+ for me =D
Up to 4 other players? I've played an 8 player match =|
Calebatom wrote:
Up to 4 other players? I've played an 8 player match =|

When I wrote the review, I was only aware of the four corner spawn points, as well as the center one.
Mikau wrote:
Calebatom wrote:
Up to 4 other players? I've played an 8 player match =|

When I wrote the review, I was only aware of the four corner spawn points, as well as the center one.

It depends on the map

Apart from several grammar and punctuation errors, it's not a bad review at all! If you clean it up, I can certainly pass it around to other venues and potential players! :)
Page: 1 2